A&H

Palmers FC YouTube

wazztie16

Level 4 Referee
Level 4 Referee
3 incidents I've got to on this video so far, not seen the whole way through.

Tackle on 9:20 - out of control, dangerous, excessive etc?

What looks like a good tackle on 10:05, but there's a jump onto player that's not obvious to the referee.

Keeper on 10:28 - reckless?

Thoughts.

The Referee Store
9:20 - difficult when it's his teammate he's tackled 😂
10:05 - looks like he's jumped right over the tackler to me, hasn't shown any indication that he's landed on him
10:28 - absolutely reckless
11:20 - looks like handball to me!

What is really funny, is the Referee is a MiniMe
Just needs to gain 4 or 5 inches and two or three stone 🤣

I watched this one a week or so ago - a lot of fair points have been raised, but the thing that surprises me is that the Palmers 5 was let off without even a caution for what was conceivably DOGSO (and at least SPA) early on (3:30). He then went on to get booked for a definitely reckless tackle around 7:00, so could have been off inside 35 minutes!

9:02 - yeah, nasty one, but I don't think you're ever going to see much given when it's teammate on teammate!
10:05 is absolutely filth - maybe he did go all the way over the top, but I still think when you lead 2-footed like that, I'm starting with a red card as default and only downgrading if I'm certain. No excuse for even trying to tackle like that.
10:28 - yup, clearly reckless (especially given he had the option to lead with his hands) - easy yellow. Although I do think we have to admit that we get a really clear side-on angle and the Palmers player may have made it difficult for the referee to see the boot from the middle of the pitch.
11:02 is a pass too early for "accidental HB" to apply and I think with arms down there, you'd be hard pressed to argue it's deliberate. I'm happy with playing on there.

Mass con at 12:00 handled OK in the moment, but based on what we saw, I would have been happy with just yellow for the Palmers player.

Given the match context, probably should have booked the Palmers player around 15:35, but then very poor to miss all the AA and VC from red 12 that followed.

All in, a good example of the problems you can cause with excessively lenient refereeing!

I watched a few of those videos and I have to say I'm surprised by how terrible refs there are. Ok, I understand it's only Sunday League but still. All you would have to do in order to survive from those games without bigger issues is move in diagonal (not necessarily run just move so you can see), whistle the most obvious fouls and give the most obvious cards. But yet they fail to do most if not all of that and as a result you have mass cons and wild dissent.

I watched a few of those videos and I have to say I'm surprised by how terrible refs there are. Ok, I understand it's only Sunday League but still. All you would have to do in order to survive from those games without bigger issues is move in diagonal (not necessarily run just move so you can see), whistle the most obvious fouls and give the most obvious cards. But yet they fail to do most if not all of that and as a result you have mass cons and wild dissent.
This is actually the Sunday league directly adjacent to the one I refereed in last season, so I've certainly seen similar behaviour. It's a desire for an easy life that prompts it I think - in theory, if you can get away with turning up, showing no/minimal cards and everything goes well, you've had a good day! Unfortunately, going in with that approach is a bit of a dice roll - you might get lucky and everyone behaves, but if not, you're going to have a much harder life than if you simply stamped down early.

Not having yet learnt that lesson is excusable for a new referee, but to be honest, this guy has probably overseen enough bloodbaths that he isn't too fussed about having to dole out late cards if it does escalate. But the incidents with Orange 5 I highlighted are a great example - get him on a card for the early SPA and chances are he doesn't commit the reckless tackle that eventually did get him carded. That's good because a) reduced risk of injury and b) reduced risk of an angry retaliation.

11:02 is a pass too early for "accidental HB" to apply and I think with arms down there, you'd be hard pressed to argue it's deliberate. I'm happy with playing on there.
I thought this too the first time I watched it (although you can't be confident where the ball touches due to the camera angle), but I believe the handball is actually by the goalscorer just before shooting!

Great to see a game with no cheating
My ideal sort of game TBH. Crap pitch, potential for carnage and plenty of lip from a well populated touchline. Couldn't ask for much more really

Back