A&H

Paris World Cup 2016

jack.prescott

Work hard, stay humble
Level 6 Referee
Anyone else going to the Paris World Cup this July and intending to travel by Eurostar? Would be good to meet up and travel with anyone else going.

The Referee Store
Anyone else going to the Paris World Cup this July and intending to travel by Eurostar? Would be good to meet up and travel with anyone else going.
Errrr, just a small point mate...

Its not a World Cup, its a European Championships...

Looks interesting, according to their website they are looking for referees...

The Paris World Cup is played with official referees coming from various countries. We are still looking for referees.
You want to be a referee in the Paris World Cup ? Contact us at referees@parisworldcup.com

My son played in Holland's Easter Open in 2011, which is played on the Saturday and Sunday of the Easter weekend. The standard of refereeing over the course of the weekend varied from the very good, blatantly biased to simply terrible!...

@jack.prescott I've just sent an e-mail out stating my interest in it. What are the costs that we need to cover for the tournament? I know last year they paid for pretty much everything except the travel to and from Paris, is it similar again?

There is a referee registration fee of around £35, accommodation costs if you choose to arrive earlier than July 4 and leave later than July 9, possible transfer costs from arrival point to hotel and spending money. Food, accommodation and transportation during the tournament all paid for.

A word of advice, be nice to everyone while you are there, especially the assessor, as you never know who you might meet ;)

After speaking to wife, she has told me to go for it... Although got home tonight and she said if I dare go anywhere near Euro Disney without her, she will be seriously annoyed! :D Emailed stating my interest, so you never know, Dorset/Hampshire's worst bald and lardy ref could be making an international appearance.

Using the dates Brian posted, had a quick look on Skyscanner earlier and return flights from Heathrow & Gatwick go for around £80 depending on departure times, cheaper than I expected.

After speaking to wife, she has told me to go for it... Although got home tonight and she said if I dare go anywhere near Euro Disney without her, she will be seriously annoyed! :D Emailed stating my interest, so you never know, Dorset/Hampshire's worst bald and lardy ref could be making an international appearance.

Using the dates Brian posted, had a quick look on Skyscanner earlier and return flights from Heathrow & Gatwick go for around £80 depending on departure times, cheaper than I expected.
If you have time to do EuroDisney, you've done something seriously wrong. Expect to be working in a team of 4, rotating between referee, two lines and 4th official, completing 4 games a day on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Semi Finals on Friday and Finals on Saturday. Then it's time to go home. You can rest on Sunday while watching the Euro Final.

I think the wife had her wires crossed as there is another tournament which is based at Euro Disney, somewhere else the wife and kids are bugging me to go :)

If anyone is serious about refereeing in European tournaments including the Paris World Cup, the referee's director Daniele Curcio sent me this link, which you may find useful, it lists various tournaments available and relevant information for referees/assessors etc

http://www.refereeabroad.com/

According to the Paris World Cup fb page, there will also be 2 UEFA referee observers present at the tournament!

Last edited:
Back