A&H

Penalty award

Justylove

RefChat Addict
Awarded a penalty today in the 27th minute of added time at end of second half, which was duly converted.

Wondering if that's a record for a goal being scored in added time on this forum?

The Referee Store
27 minutes of added time?! What in all that is holy justifies that?!
Only takes four incidents of six minutes each, plus reasonable regular stoppage to get the total.
Does make one wonder what those four(?) incidents would have been.

I’ve certainly played more than that combined in 2 half’s but I can’t recall any goals scored as a direct result. Had an ambulance called in one game for a player collapsing for no visible reason whatsoever and in the second half one team walked off fearing for their safety! Always baffled me that as they were at 10 men at that point with a lad sent off for VC 🤨

Did all players stay on the field (within the boundaries of goalline and touchline) waiting for the the injury to be treated? Generally that is a game suspension and not added time. You suspend the game and then restart from the same minute you suspended the game (or stopped the game).

Did all players stay on the field (within the boundaries of goalline and touchline) waiting for the the injury to be treated? Generally that is a game suspension and not added time. You suspend the game and then restart from the same minute you suspended the game (or stopped the game).
Yes all players stayed on the pitch and within the confines of the FOP, except one player who I allowed to leave so he could get some more wipes from the bigger first aid kit in the clubhouse.

Didn't suspend as by the time they'd assessed him, then they were confident that they could move him once they'd stopped the bleeding.

Warm day, so both teams were happy to keep warm and kick a ball around on the field.

Had it been a cold day, I'd have suspended and sent the players to the changing rooms, until the outcome was determined.

Fair enough. Of course you assess every situation on its merits. But for me, if I think any stoppage is going to take longer than 10 minutes or so, I'd suspend the game. Players can go where they like as long as they can be ready to play quickly when I want to start the game again.

Back