A&H

Penalty record

SM

The avuncular one
Game yesterday, I gave 3 penalties. All against the same team. All against the same player :)

All kind of clumsy rather than anything else. First one is a cross landing at the chest of an opponent, he just jumps through the attacker. Second one, attacker with his back to goal, clumsy challenge into the back of the attackers legs thanks to some clever shielding by the attacker. Third one he went to clear the ball, attacker nicked the ball off him but gets clumsily kicked and tripped by the defender.

He gave me a little stick after the third one. Not really strong enough for a dissent caution, instead thought I would get him back the old fashioned way - from then on, every time one of his team mates made a tackle and the opportunity was there, I would shout to the player who gave the penalties away something like "see, that's how you tackle mate!"

Made him laugh. Hand shakes at the end. Everyone goes home happy.

Is 3 pens by the same player a record?

The Referee Store
the only other foul he committed all game was a couple of yards outside his own box, after the 3 penalties right at the end of the game. Which caused a bit of banter and laughs for both teams that it wasn't a penalty that time!

Back