A&H

Player manager yellow card

QuaverRef

I used to be indecisive but now i'm not so sure
Level 4 Referee
I was running the line last night and had a situation where I was getting constant dissent from the dug out behind me and due to me always facing the other direction I couldn't identify who this was. Called referee over and he booked the manager. This then triggered the question in my mind when I got home, what if this was a player manager who was on the FOP at the time? Who does the card go to in this instance is you are unable to identify to person in the dugout?

The Referee Store
I'm going to confess that I don't know for sure, but in the situation I'd be saying that someone must be the most senior in the dugout/TA so they should receive the card. If nobody fesses up I'm probably asking for the oldest looking one's name and they can sort it out afterwards!

Reactions: one
Most senior figure in the dugout. Or if you really, really try hard enough, I’m sure you can work out exactly who it was (pick on someone).

what if this was a player manager who was on the FOP at the time?

When I asked the IFAB about player-managers before, it was pretty much said that if a player-manager is listed as a player, he is treated as a player and is not listed as a manager. So, him being on or off the field won't make a difference as he won't be considered the senior official on the day if he's listed on the teamsheet as a player...

Back