A&H

Player Names

Harey

Hi,

I just qualified at the end of last season. I hoping I can get some advice on recording cards and now sin bins.

I‘ve struggled in capturing players names, as team sheets don’t seem to exist in the leagues I’ve done!

Has anyone got a good system for capturing names (quickly) when pronunciation and spelling can be difficult, while handling the issuing of cards.

Cheers
Chris

The Referee Store
Hi,

I just qualified at the end of last season. I hoping I can get some advice on recording cards and now sin bins.

I‘ve struggled in capturing players names, as team sheets don’t seem to exist in the leagues I’ve done!

Has anyone got a good system for capturing names (quickly) when pronunciation and spelling can be difficult, while handling the issuing of cards.

Cheers
Chris
Ask them to spell it out slowly or get them to write it in your book if you don't have a legible teamsheet. I would question the wisdom of refereeing on a league without teamsheets.

I queried this arrangement with the Appts Sec on my local JFL. The Divisional Sec for the U15 section (who happened to be my former brother in law) had said submit teams played online. He hadn't realised the implications that if the substitutes weren't named before kick off, then they couldn't be used as substitutes. Also as it was rolling subs, potentially every player was a sub.

The league have introduced a league rule that teamsheets must be produced for every game

Hi,

Cheers
Chris
Transferring names from teamsheets to notebook is a must for me. I've got GP's writing that is illegible, even to me

I suppose it depends on the level but i generally do U11s to U15s and have yet to see a team sheet.

I wouldn't worry about the spelling, get the name and there is a drop down menu on the whole game system that gives you the players names.

Back