A&H

Player removes shirt after scoring winning penalty in KFTPM

deusex

RefChat Addict
Caution?
The match is over but seems unfair that I would be cautioning for an 95th minute winner celebrating in the same way.
You'd be hated by everybody but I say caution.

The Referee Store
A kick from the mark isn't a goal therefore it's not a mandatory caution even if it's not the final penalty. Possibly.

My view on this is as follows
The offending player has removed his shirt in celebating a goal. The fact that it is a kick from the penalty mark is not a factor in this
instance.

the player has committed an offence which is punishable by a caution and therefore should be catautioned

As KFTPM are not part of the match anyway according to LOTG and as it was the last penalty, I'd personally probably go for no caution. The player isn't delaying a restart or being particularly unsporting, rather showing their delight at the win

As KFTPM are not part of the match anyway according to LOTG

I've always been surprised by the statement in LOTG that kicks from the penalty mark are not part of the match. Does anyone know what the significance/relavance of the statement is? However, even if it's not part of the match players can still be cautioned/sent off during KFTPM. In the original scenario described by deusex I feel that the caution is technically correct but I'd be inclined to use CapnBloodbeard's get out of jail option.

I've always been surprised by the statement in LOTG that kicks from the penalty mark are not part of the match. Does anyone know what the significance/relavance of the statement is? However, even if it's not part of the match players can still be cautioned/sent off during KFTPM. In the original scenario described by deusex I feel that the caution is technically correct but I'd be inclined to use CapnBloodbeard's get out of jail option.

Of course there can still be cautions/dismissals, I just meant that would be another factor for me to be less likely to issue a caution myself so I guess I'm basically agreeing with CapnBloodbeard:cool:

Back