A&H

Promotion

That isn't right as far as I am aware. RDOs, or whatever they are called these days, are measured on a lot of things, but the number of promotions isn't one. They have targets for number of referees, percentages of female referees, percentage of BAME referees, percentage of games covered, etc, but unless I have missed something there is nothing about promotion.

The Referee Store
That isn't right as far as I am aware. RDOs, or whatever they are called these days, are measured on a lot of things, but the number of promotions isn't one. They have targets for number of referees, percentages of female referees, percentage of BAME referees, percentage of games covered, etc, but unless I have missed something there is nothing about promotion.
Seems a bit harsh, surely the RDO's don't actively recruit referees? If not how are they supposed to have any control on amount of females etc apart from the retention aspect possibly

RDO's have to go looking for female and minority refs, they do this by engaging with aspects that appeal to that group.

once trained they are tasked with retaining them.

Not s simple task by any stretch

You normally need to apply around January time, with the promotion season starting in March. Does vary between counties though.
I always thought March 1st is the first date you apply from

Back