A&H

QPR v Portsmouth- advantage

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Following on from another thread on the use of advantage. anight Mr Coote (seen in the PL) gave QPR an 'advantage' - clear signal.

QPR player fouled with back to gaol in the D. Ball went quickly wide to a QPR player who had oppo near.

Now to me, that's not an advantage and seemed to me to perfectly illustrate what others have seen at the top levels - whereby almost ANY possession is seen as an advantage. Certainly as a fan, a free kick in the D looked by far the better option for the Rs.

The Referee Store
We revisit this one again, lol ! Guys, if he doesn't give a clear advantage signal and says nothing, what's stopping him going back for the free kick if it soon appears they were in a worse situation out wide ?

We revisit this one again, lol ! Guys, if he doesn't give a clear advantage signal and says nothing, what's stopping him going back for the free kick if it soon appears they were in a worse situation out wide ?
It says in the OP he gives a clear signal

Clear signal to who? Those that happened to be watching the referee or the players who generally watch the ball!!

Were you assessing him for your March report on RefChat?

I’ve done it most of the season at t”lane... some decent, some OK, and of course Anthony Taylor! 🤐

Back