A&H

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? or Who does feedback on the assessors

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Genuine question arising from an assessment on Tuesday night. A point made by the assessor about sidestepping whilst lining was fair, but in the conditions innappropriate. Although not waterlogged the ground kept shiffting and sidestepping would risked a groin tear.

Do assessors get assessed themselves? Is feedback from the assessed officials welcomed or valued? To whom should it be addressed if so?

All are questions that have come to be since then. In truth I'd also like Tuesday's assessor to come out and see me again so we can identify if I genuinely do need to work more on sidestepping, (with a better surface) or if it was just a careful reaction to the conditions.

Be useful to know which of these it was.

The Referee Store
Presuming it's a 5 to 4 assessment then your RDO is your point of contact.

For this marking season all our assessments have to be sent only to the RDO who will read them before forwarding to the promotion candidate.
This is partly to build some quality assurance into the system.

Presuming it's a 5 to 4 assessment then your RDO is your point of contact.

For this marking season all our assessments have to be sent only to the RDO who will read them before forwarding to the promotion candidate.
This is partly to build some quality assurance into the system.

Not exactly. I've no time for promotion at the moment. It was a supply assessment with a level 4 referee. The chap assessing us is a decent sort, but relatively new to the job. Some of the feedback is intended to help him become a more effective assessor. Probably my training as a civil servant but being able to offer **management speak alert** 360 degree feedback is often useful to all parties. Wondering what the appropriate way to do so is

Not exactly. I've no time for promotion at the moment. It was a supply assessment with a level 4 referee. The chap assessing us is a decent sort, but relatively new to the job. Some of the feedback is intended to help him become a more effective assessor. Probably my training as a civil servant but being able to offer **management speak alert** 360 degree feedback is often useful to all parties. Wondering what the appropriate way to do so is

Contact your RDO...they should be able to point in the relevant direction.

Back