A&H

RA Development Weekend

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Really interested in this year's RA Development weekend. I know it tends to be a weekend of talks and training with Premier League officials. Has anyone been before, as I was wondering what happened in previous years and what guests there were?

The Referee Store
i've been before, 2 or three years ago.

i went for the whole weekened:

saturday -
outdoor practical session - split into appropriate groups of refereeing ability/level, run by select group refs (mason, pawson)
RA quiz - we won!
RA dinner - wayne barnes was the guest speaker (rugby union top ref). i got quite drunk and was pretty hungover for the classroom sessions the next day!

sunday -
the classroom sessions were run by (the ones i went to) taylor, mason, lee betts and a few others i cant recall

was an enjoyable weekend, obviously loads of refs from all over the country all at various levels. there's also a decent old stock / end of line kit sale which was good

i've been before, 2 or three years ago.

i went for the whole weekened:

saturday -
outdoor practical session - split into appropriate groups of refereeing ability/level, run by select group refs (mason, pawson)
RA quiz - we won!
RA dinner - wayne barnes was the guest speaker (rugby union top ref). i got quite drunk and was pretty hungover for the classroom sessions the next day!

sunday -
the classroom sessions were run by (the ones i went to) taylor, mason, lee betts and a few others i cant recall

was an enjoyable weekend, obviously loads of refs from all over the country all at various levels. there's also a decent old stock / end of line kit sale which was good
I’ll definitely try to go, it sounds really good. Lee Betts is a really good speaker. We’re in the same county FA so he’s done a few sessions with us which have all been really good. Are you planning on going to this one?

I’ll definitely try to go, it sounds really good. Lee Betts is a really good speaker. We’re in the same county FA so he’s done a few sessions with us which have all been really good. Are you planning on going to this one?

nah life has got busier since then! Mrs wouldnt be too impressed leaving her with the baby all weekend!

Back