A&H

racist comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really struggling to come to terms with the fact that this 'Stevie Wonder' thing is being debated
The discussion is diluting incidents in which there is genuine prejudice. Get a grip people...

The Referee Store
I'm really struggling to come to terms with the fact that this 'Stevie Wonder' thing is being debated
The discussion is diluting incidents in which there is genuine prejudice. Get a grip people...

There'll always be people who want to pretend they're offended (normally on behalf of someone else) and those who pander to them. That's why they exist. 😉

There'll always be people who want to pretend they're offended (normally on behalf of someone else) and those who pander to them. That's why they exist. 😉
Curious about this discussion. Viewpoints on these subjects always seem to depend on our age group
Trouble is, most of the 'older' refs have left the forum. I'm sure some of them got fed up with this PC stuff

I see no real debate here - only one person called it discriminatory.

'Should have gone to SpecSavers Ref' - discriminatory?

No, but I have cautioned it as dissent - not every time - depends on the usual - how said, temp of the game etc etc etc

No, but I have cautioned it as dissent - not every time - depends on the usual - how said, temp of the game etc etc etc
I only use 'private opticians', don't you know? It's true actually, I'm an absolute sucker!

I got this from the crowd the other day.
Chas, you want me to insist my ref reports this as prejudicial?

I got this from the crowd the other day.
Chas, you want me to insist my ref reports this as prejudicial?
Ha,ha! I thought this thread was over.
If you ask the referee to report every comment from the crowd, he would still be writing the report days later.
The point I made originally, and to which I added context, is that casual discrimination is rife in life and in football, sadly. Comments from some contributors show they are aware of that, others do not think it is the case.
I work with a number of people who receive this discrimination too regularly, and if we have made a few "neutral" readers of RefChat aware of the options that will suffice.
Let's close this thread👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back