A&H

Rain

dylanbailey4444

Level 5 Referee
Has anyone got any tips for officiating in the rain? I was running the line today at a step 7 game (club AR technically) and was going to record the game on my Spintso S1 Pro watch but it was raining a lot during the ‘warm up’ and just before we kicked off and it wouldn’t turn on. This happened before a couple of weeks ago whilst I was refereeing. Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

And anyone else got any other tips generally in the rain? I usually use write on card stickers for yellow card or something of the sort-masking tape, etc- the write on card stickers won’t work in the rain- especially with a sharpie so I have to start writing in my notebook.

Thanks in advance.

The Referee Store
My suggestion for the rain is to get a space pen (which can write under water) and a waterproof notebook. You can get both on Amazon for not much. It doesn’t matter how drenched the book gets, you’ll still be able to write with n problem.

My suggestion for the rain is to get a space pen (which can write under water) and a waterproof notebook. You can get both on Amazon for not much. It doesn’t matter how drenched the book gets, you’ll still be able to write with n problem.
Thank you. I’ll try those.

I had a game last year what absolutely battered it down from start to finish. At half time I went to get a drink and noticed my match card had completely disintegrated in my pocket. Switched to card stickers, luckily no cautions/send offs but recorded goals on them with a Powertank pen. God send.

I use an apple watch and when it gets wet it's impossible to operate properly, it keeps thinking I'm stopping the timer when I'm not touching it.

I now have a large sweatband which I put over it when its raining and that seems to fix it.

Back