A&H

Junior/Youth Rather big confrontaion

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Monday night I was refereeing a Welsh Youth U19's game, the game on the whole was rather niggly, no real fouls, couple of silly tackles but nothing overly nasty or anything that warranted a caution.
Mid 2nd half there's a good and fair tackle, not even an appeal, as the 2 go to get up there's a tangle of legs but the one players thinking the other guy has kicked out gets up and the 2 go head to head shouting and swearing in each others face, players run in to prevent it kicking off and it turns into a bit of a scuffle, no punches or anything until I see the dugouts and a coach from each team attempting to punch each other... The only good thing was the other technical staff restrained them to make sure there's no more serious incident which thankfully didn't occur.
Chat with my assistant and we identify the 2 who started it and agree that there's no kick out or any send off offense so 2 cautions issued and both coaches dismissed for their obscene behavior and a long night of paperwork was ahead. Not had a scuffle like that before!

The Referee Store
Back