A&H

Reading v Cardiff

The Referee Store
I think there's a bit of a tendency - even though it's wrong in law, to give only a yellow card if a penalty is awarded for almost any DOGSO foul, regardless of whether it was an attempt for the ball (unless it's a clear SFP red card in and of itself).

I seem to recall a few similar incidents where by a strict interpretation of the law, it really should have been a red card but only a yellow was given.

At this level of football that's clearly DOGSO for me. At grassroots I can see the arguments being more finely balanced

agree, surprised its even a debate, think folk bit clouded with the ball not being directly centre at the foul, the law is, was a clear and obvious opportunity denied, not, was he certain to have scored
Seeing as he was denied that opportunity, we will never know if he would have scored.

red for me in the clip, leaning to red in my game, would not lose sleep at sither colour card at a kids/pub game

This was the point of contact. Hard to see the attacker as he is on the other side of the defender.

IMG_20220809_075639.jpg

This was the point of contact. Hard to see the attacker as he is on the other side of the defender.

View attachment 5818
Maybe fails the DOGSO for me in terms of doubts regarding, Direction, Defenders
Inside the PA, I think there's also 'the intent of the Law to take into account'. To avoid double jeopardy as often as possible. I know this last statement is not Law, but there is the 'Spirit of the Law' to account for. That is, 'give the benefit of the doubt to the defending team'

For me that is a DOGSO Red. But only with the benefit of the slow Mo and still.
In real time that's a very difficult call. Maybe the AR could have helped him out.

Back