A&H

Red Card Reporting

Not in any way having a go at you here but to me, that's exceptional misconduct and should have been reported as such and not simply as serious foul play....

Ah well, as I said, I did act on the advice given at the time.

Mind you, I've never really been informed to do these reports on these incidents before. Our white paper advice (back when I qualified) has always been for 'other' offences; managers misbehaving, spectators, offences after a red card etc. It's food for thought though, I'll raise it in private with the society officer next month, I'm due a refresher I think, and I wasn't told anything when I did the exam a second time last year so... :facepalm:

And not having a go at either of you but to me this is exactly what is wrong with the "no details" reporting system. One's exceptional is not another one's exceptional.

Yeah, I can see the pros and cons of both sides really.

The Referee Store
One of the reasons for this is a lot of referees' report writing skills are not very good, and there are many cases of player appealing and getting off due to the way the report is written. This does away with that risk for all but extraordinary incidents.

One of the reasons for this is a lot of referees' report writing skills are not very good, and there are many cases of player appealing and getting off due to the way the report is written. This does away with that risk for all but extraordinary incidents.
It all has to do with process. All the reports in our association go directly to an appointed judiciary officer, who is a referee experienced in this matter appointed by RA. If there are any issues with the report, he/she picks them and asks the referee to fix them before resubmitting the report to him/her. The FA only gets forwarded reports from the Judiciary Officer. The number of players getting off due to poor reporting is very minimal, we are talking less than one a year.

There are other issues with the judiciary system though. Who you know, not what you know, that type of stuff. Another example, a number of years ago the FA forwarded all reports to the relevant club and the club was asked to set the suspension and deal with it internally (due to lack of resources at FA level). Needless to say that only lasted a couple of years and the clubs collectively threw out the system.

It all has to do with process. All the reports in our association go directly to an appointed judiciary officer, who is a referee experienced in this matter appointed by RA. If there are any issues with the report, he/she picks them and asks the referee to fix them before resubmitting the report to him/her. The FA only gets forwarded reports from the Judiciary Officer. The number of players getting off due to poor reporting is very minimal, we are talking less than one a year.

There are other issues with the judiciary system though. Who you know, not what you know, that type of stuff. Another example, a number of years ago the FA forwarded all reports to the relevant club and the club was asked to set the suspension and deal with it internally (due to lack of resources at FA level). Needless to say that only lasted a couple of years and the clubs collectively threw out the system.

That isn't allowed in England. The reports go straight to the CFA, who then work out the charge and send out to clubs.

One of the biggest problems is there are a lot of referees now in England where English is there second language, i.e. they have moved here from overseas. That itself isn't a problem, but it can and does affect some of their report writing and I have seen some truly appalling reports that would be pulled apart at appeal. And in fairness some of these are from people who do have English as their first language ..!

Back