A&H

Red or Advantage?

@Ciley Myrus as always, you have your mind made up and can't be convinced otherwise no matter what logic is put in front of you. So I am not really trying to convince you because I know from experience it's impossible :)

The problem with your approach is it's backwards. You make a decision first and then look for reasons to support it which is not objective. Of course you would find 'some' reasons to support it and that would be good enough for you. It's like a physician making a diagnosis first and then look for symptoms. The opinion on what symptoms to look for and interpreting them becomes biased. The correct way around is to look at all the symptoms first and then make a diagnosis based on all of them.

Is someone missing something here? Nowhere have I said it is incorrect to delay the whistle , play on, however its worded to suit, nowhere, and numerous times I have said there is no right and wrong here, both are acceptable and justified
The corner I am fighting is, that, to give the pen and issue a red, is not wrong.
no reasons needed, no supporting needed, a pen and a red card in the clip is entirely justified, nothing more, nothing less
and again
if someone wants to delay the whistle and the ball rolls into the net, great, bravo, job done.

The Referee Store
Is someone missing something here? Nowhere have I said it is incorrect to delay the whistle , play on, however its worded to suit, nowhere, and numerous times I have said there is no right and wrong here, both are acceptable and justified
The corner I am fighting is, that, to give the pen and issue a red, is not wrong.
no reasons needed, no supporting needed, a pen and a red card in the clip is entirely justified, nothing more, nothing less
and again
if someone wants to delay the whistle and the ball rolls into the net, great, bravo, job done.
If that's the case then I must have misunderstood your previous posts. Too much to read :)

I still stand by what I said about you having your mind made up and all that :)

If that's the case then I must have misunderstood your previous posts. Too much to read :)

I still stand by what I said about you having your mind made up and all that :)

Well if its too much to read, don't comment on it unfairly. Don't paraphrase just to make ends meet. I can shine myself in a bad enough light without it being done falsely thanks. Here is the balanced fair points I have made, for simplicity.......

However as I dont feel there is a definate right or wrong here, I would be able to support either action, and no marking down

the absolute bottom line here is there is factually no right or wrong. (as much as some folk find it amusing to think otherwise).

As I posted before, its false environment for us to watch the clip and say we would have waited...if you gen would have, and a goal was to be scored, great, good refereering
If you give the pen and red, again, its entirely correct and justifiable to do so.

And yes, your 2nd point is valid . Bit of direction and confidence in ones' outlook is not the worst human trait to have.
Rather that than fumbling though life like a blind wasp

Well if its too much to read, don't comment on it unfairly. Don't paraphrase just to make ends meet. I can shine myself in a bad enough light without it being done falsely thanks. Here is the balanced fair points I have made, for simplicity.......

However as I dont feel there is a definate right or wrong here, I would be able to support either action, and no marking down

the absolute bottom line here is there is factually no right or wrong. (as much as some folk find it amusing to think otherwise).

As I posted before, its false environment for us to watch the clip and say we would have waited...if you gen would have, and a goal was to be scored, great, good refereering
If you give the pen and red, again, its entirely correct and justifiable to do so.

And yes, your 2nd point is valid . Bit of direction and confidence in ones' outlook is not the worst human trait to have.
Rather that than fumbling though life like a blind wasp
too much to read.

I'm surprised it's gone to 3 pages. Nothing in the book about calculating advantage by how long left - it's the advantage in that move that matters. Only with SFP or VC should not playing advantage be an option (and not always even then - for instance, if the ball is about to roll into the net).

This has to go down as an error, albeit excusable.

Am done too, apart from to say, its not an error.

Either delay whistle. Goal. Or
Red card, pen kick

Are both correct here.

If the attackers shot had gone wide, what would your decision have been?

If it's going wide, it's a pen as there's no advantage. The conversation is based around the ball going into the goal so this point is irrelevant.

The DOGSO red isn't based on the ball rolling into the goal. It's based on the attacker bearing down on an open goal with the goalkeeper rugby tackling him

I line to think that if this happened in one of my games I'd delay the whistle slightly, if the ball doesn't cross the line then a big blow on the whistle and shout of "There's no advantage, we're bringing it back for the penalty"

If it crosses the line then arms out and run around the pitch like Mike Dean screaming "Advantage!!!!" at the top of my voice for 5 minutes before going back and cautioning the keeper.

However, in reality I'd have probably seen the foul and blown straight away.

I am not sure if you mean this exactly the way you said it or how the laws say it.

The law requires the referee to play advantage if the team benefits from it (except for specific cases stated by law). Not doing so is against the correct application of LOTG. The advantage clause is not an optional clause. What is down to his interpretation is whether or not a team benefits from it. In the case of the OP, although i don't agree with him, I would accept it if he said he assessed the situation and even if a goal was scored the team would have benefited form a penalty and send off.

View attachment 2950

That's what I meant though by down to the interpretation of the referee. "the non-offending team will benefit from the advantage", that is guesswork, or rather skilled guesswork, so any application of advantage has an in the opinion of the referee about it.

I had one tonight. Midfielder broke clear and keeper came racing out of his area, midfielder tried to take it round him and keeper gave him a bit of a push, this was very wide. I'm not obliged to play advantage there but I did, midfielder had full balance, pulled the ball back onto his right foot and then from around the corner of the penalty area missed the unguarded target. Of course both teams had different opinions, and this is why advantage will always be very subjective.

That's what I meant though by down to the interpretation of the referee. "the non-offending team will benefit from the advantage", that is guesswork, or rather skilled guesswork, so any application of advantage has an in the opinion of the referee about it.

I had one tonight. Midfielder broke clear and keeper came racing out of his area, midfielder tried to take it round him and keeper gave him a bit of a push, this was very wide. I'm not obliged to play advantage there but I did, midfielder had full balance, pulled the ball back onto his right foot and then from around the corner of the penalty area missed the unguarded target. Of course both teams had different opinions, and this is why advantage will always be very subjective.
Was the push/foul inside or outside of the penalty area?

Back