A&H

Red sanction !!! Right or wrong

Zimmyman

Ok under 13s all ok one very very loud parent the usual !!! He was asked to leave by manager after I warned the manager about it
Anyway game goes on I do not give a decision so a 13 year old says to me me a very derogatory way you got a whistle ref use it
If it had been throw away remark I’d have let it go but it was done in a dissentful way ! Call player over for a talk but he’s just thinking it’s all a joke so he asks why you talking to me I say about the remark that I have a whistle use it ! He then laughingly mocking says well you have got one along with all the other mocking banter ! And walking away So I decide to caution for dissent ! I ask for his name and he gives a joke name ! All along I’m getting ridicule chat from this player I said you need to calm it it’s getting worse for you I then ask for his shirt number and he gave me his telephone number all along Laughing after five minutes of this I gave him a straight red for offensive and abusive language I saw no other way after trying with this boy but when I ask for s number and get talked to like that I saw no other option or was there ? Opinions would be god please

The Referee Store
Not sure I read anything that ticks my offinabus radar and I do have a pretty sensitive one.........

I definitely agree with two cautions but maybe not offensive. Hopefully he’ll now learn for next time he thinks it’s okay to speak to someone like that

It would have been two well deserved cautions on my park well before 5minutes of chatter. Don't see a red there.

Mind you I'd always think about if the are ways of managing him with just the one yellow, keep him on the park and save myself from writing a report (not that I care if it's deserved). One tip I can give you is avoid unnecessary chatter (possibly wouldn't have worked here).

You need to ask yourself why you were chatting for 5 minutes. Give the player an ultimatum: "I've given you a yellow, if the next thing you say isn't your real name, you're going."
If he thinks he's clever, bang, yellow, bye.

Back