A&H

Red then yellow.

I'm a qualified first-aider - so - I can send EVERYBODY off ;)

Seriously though ... I agree with everyone who says think H&S first - it is the most important thing to consider before anything else ... similar to a frosty / hard pitch - everyone wants to play - but - we put H&S first and don't play - and that's that

The Referee Store
Think you all need to man up a bit and stop pandering to the whimsical fantasies that managers come out with when they know they are in the brown stuff.

As long as there is a suitably qualified person pitch side to deal with injuries then it matters not if they are from the same team.

How many of you check the managers/coaches qualifications before kick off?

You could have played countless games with no suitably qualified adult on the touchline and you would never know it. We take it for granted that these coaches are qualified but we never check. Now, because one has acted like a **** we, all of a sudden, care about the qualifications?

Wrong.

The other team will have an Emergency Aid trained person, so player safety is not affected.
But you can't dismiss an assigned medic for a team

Edit: I didn't see the other replies before posting this

Could you direct me to the relevant section of the LOTG where it states that? Maybe i have missed it.

I can't know, as the LOAF does not outline this, but for the safety of a team, you cannot dismiss their medic.

What is LOAF?

We have been using the LOTG for a little while now.....

LOAF stands for Laws of Association Football, but I guess you know that as you have said people use LOTG instead, so I don't see why you asked the question. But I'm surprised you even wish to use the LOTG, the way you talk about the FA and CFA's and the regulations that they set out. Off topic anyway...

On topic - as a Club Welfare Officer I thought you would have wanted a medic to be present at all times for a team for the welfare of their players?

Medic? lol not unless it is in the professional game. reality is its a first aider. 3 day first aid course, or maybe it is the one day first aid for football course they have done. Don't want to downplay first aiders, they can do a sterling job (hell I was one for a long time) but 3 days of training doesn't make you a doctor. The main thing it teaches you in a football context is how to recognise a break, call the ambulance. :)

I can see value in both points of view above.

My tuppence. If the league rules state the first aiders have to be there, they need to be there. They cross the line? A firm warning that they are about to get removed from the vicinity. Ignore the warning? they do it again and bye bye. Match abandoned.

By medic, this meant a first aider, but as they are their teams first aider I opted to chose to call them medics, because there is no one else for the team put in that position, if that made sense!:confused:

I know mate, I just wanted to highlight how under qualified a first aider is in terms of football.

On the other hand you can't just let the manager get away with his actions on the touchline because he is the "designated god" ( or first aider as it is more commonly referred to as), like @Supermonkey said they are great but their knowledge is overestimated, purely because there is only so much that you can be taught in son afternoon. Lots of managers think that they are invincible because they have done the first aid course.

If a manager was being abusive in this context then I would warn him if it was only minor/borderline or if it was something more serious I would attempt to dismiss him, at which point he/she would rather ****ily say I can't because they are the first aider. If they don't go the game is abandoned and then I would ask any of the spectators if they were a trained medic/in the police or army and if so would they mind taking over as the first aider if they are needed. If yes then the manager walks, if not the game is abandoned. Simple :)

Back