A&H

Referee-Inactive - Training 4.19

Counter reset ...

School holidays always bring a challenge as my 6 year old son needs to be kept company and amused, so we have the summer holidays scoped out with each week carefully planned. Some weeks he would spend odd days with me or his mum and on other days he would spend time with either of his grandmothers. All nicely planned until he found out his cousin was staying at his Nanna's this week so he was desperate to see her because she would have her coveted Nintendo DS with her and he could have a go.

With a trip to Rhodes on the horizon attending my daughter's wedding and the school holidays to get through obviously we are not awash with spare cash just now and a Nintendo DS (just like the XBox Kinect I want) will have to wait until Christmas or we win the Lottery! So this news required a quick dash down the M1 to the in-laws and with babysitters on hand, my wife and I took the rare opportunity to have a night out. So for the first time in July, I actually had an alcoholic drink which is a longish break for me as I enjoy a beer (or two) at weekends when watching late night movies or football.

The downside associated with these nights out is not as you might think, a hangover, as we are too wise and experienced to go mad and leave ourselves open to a day of suffering. Our downside is the fact that our 6 year old doesn't understand that mummy and daddy have only just climbed into bed a couple of hours ago and still jumps on us at half five in the morning. This left my wife and I feeling a little jaded and it was only through the stuffing ourselves silly at my father in law's barbecue that we had enough energy for the drive home. It was a good and eventful night out though!

With Paul on holiday, Neil out of comms range, James F having disappeared and James P on a family trip to the seaside, I was left to train on my own again. I kept things simple with the usual warm up and warm down and then it was a run for 30 seconds, walk for 30 seconds for a set. I did 10 runs and 10 walks before taking a 3 minute rest. I repeated the same 10 runs and 10 walks before taking another 3 minute rest. I finished with another 10 runs and 10 walks. I wasn't able to keep my pace even but I worked hard.

As I was gasping to recover my composure a lady walking her dog mentioned that it was a nice evening for exercising and I shouldn't work too hard. I gasped my thanks for the advice and assured her that I was just about done. I was then surrounded by dogs! The fields we use to train on are very popular with dog walkers and tonight 3 of them wanted to share my bottle of water (no chance!).

I cooled down and headed off home. Calories 933, average heart rate 81%, 47% of time in hard intensity ... not bad after a late night on Saturday topped off with 2 hours sleep.

1430959096615306100-2540013747078953003

The Referee Store
Back