A&H

Referee-Inactive - Training 4.20

Beans+microwave=Burnt finger.

Wednesdays are the days when the field is full of football teams training. One Ladies team, 2 junior teams and 2 male open age teams were on the field tonight. The two male teams appeared distracted by the Ladies team and they were too busy concentrating on trying to play football to notice.

The training methods were very different. The males did a warm up run, some shuttles for fitness and then played some small sided football. The Ladies team appeared to go straight into small sided football without any fitness work. The junior teams both set off on a cross country run after some small sided games and skills development exercises.

I always hated cross country running but these kids seemed to really enjoy it. Maybe it was the almost constant shouts of encouragement from each group they passed. The stragglers may have been up to 100m behind the next runner but they all had a great big smile on their faces. Let's hope they're the same in the dark of winter!

With Paul still on holiday and everyone else missing I was training on my own again. With limited space in which to work I went for the same exercise as we did in Training 4.15 . This time I did 4 sets of 6 runs from one goal line to the other goal line and then back to the halfway line before walking back to my start point. Each of the first runs in each set (except the last set) were 37s but these soon stretched to 42s and stayed around that level with the occasional slip to 45s.

In between each set I took a rest of around 2 1/2 minutes just to let my pulse go back down to 65% of maximum. I was considering stopping after 3 sets but the 4th set was consistent (apart from the first run which was 40s). Warm down done and on to my next port of call, picking up the last few bits and pieces from David ready for the new referees course which is taking place in a couple of weeks.

On getting home I was starving and managed to wolf down some mackerels in mustard sauce on toast ... try it, it tastes brilliant but you'll be reaching for the tootbrush straight away as the aftertaste is not great. I followed this up with some beans which I popped in the microwave. In my dazed state (hard work out and reeling from the mackerels on toast) I reached in, pulled out the bowl and well you can guess the rest ...

Calories 1038, average heart rate 80%, time in hard intensity 44%

1430959096615306100-5492029356914101182

The Referee Store
Back