A&H

Referee Kit / Uniform

GCS1982

Hi folks,
recently passed my Category 7 basic referee course. I have yet to referee my 1st game. I am in the process of purchasing my referee kit & essential items. So my question is where do you guys/gals, buy your clothing from? Do you spend the money on buying the official referee strips? or do you just buy any referee kit that stands you out from the playing teams. I passed with the Scottish Football Association (SFA) so will no doubt look to that kit, however I have been informed it is quite pricey? Does it matter if you have the official kit, but it is not the latest,newest year??

Its now dawning on me the amount of kit,items we should have when we attend our games to referee.

As always your answers on this are appreciated.

The Referee Store
You require 1 black top, any make, ditto shorts and socks
the rest, you can pick up as time goes on.

should you be appointed as say AR in times to come, simply inform the ref during the contact pre match, btw, am only just qualified and only have the black top at the moment.

attending training for example, you might find guys throwing away old kit from time to time

Last edited:
Definitely ask at your local association training sessions. I have just recently handed some old kit into my local training centre in the hope that some of the newer referee's locally can use it

Definitely ask at your local association training sessions. I have just recently handed some old kit into my local training centre in the hope that some of the newer referee's locally can use it

Cool will give them a shout. Hopefully i will get my login for SFA website soon.

You require 1 black top, any make, ditto shorts and socks
the rest, you can pick up as time goes on.

Agree, just to add for completeness at least one of the shirt or shorts needs to have a pocket. Otherwise you'll be struggling. I did once see a new and young referee put his wallet down his sock as he didn't have any pockets, but it isn't a look I would be recommending.

Yes I've just handed my old kit into the Ayrshire kitbank, should be able to collect something on a Tuesday night if you go to training, or any night your local association has training

Hi folks,
recently passed my Category 7 basic referee course. I have yet to referee my 1st game. I am in the process of purchasing my referee kit & essential items. So my question is where do you guys/gals, buy your clothing from? Do you spend the money on buying the official referee strips? or do you just buy any referee kit that stands you out from the playing teams. I passed with the Scottish Football Association (SFA) so will no doubt look to that kit, however I have been informed it is quite pricey? Does it matter if you have the official kit, but it is not the latest,newest year??

Its now dawning on me the amount of kit,items we should have when we attend our games to referee.

I have NEW F. A. REFEREE BADGE DRY HEAT TRANSFER

Attachments

• 7d381ed0-3337-4adb-a67a-ac826b796ac0.png
    7d381ed0-3337-4adb-a67a-ac826b796ac0.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi folks,

I thought ebay was good for things like cards and wallet. Whistle we got issued with but ebay again. And lining flags I got for £2. To start me off. Also try Facebook marketplace and search football referee sometimes people sell on Facebook.
A and H International
Ref stuff are both good websites too.

Back