A&H

Relieving neutral assistant of duties

SM

The avuncular one
I was told a story today which made me think.

A neutral assistant refusing to accept instructions warrants reliving of duties due to his behaviour. In line with the laws of the game, he is relieved at half time after a heated argument with the referee in the changing room.

How does the game now progress as there is no other neutral assistant present?

The Referee Store
Presuming it would be the same as if a NAR or the referee got injured, either the fourth official replaces him (if there is one) or the most experienced member of the crowd takes over?

Presuming it would be the same as if a NAR or the referee got injured, either the fourth official replaces him (if there is one) or the most experienced member of the crowd takes over?
Not always the most experienced;)

However, I agree, in terms of either fourth official or a member of the crowd. However, if this is an amateur game (i.e. not much of a crowd/no officials present), then whichever team would've been defending in his half in the second half, I would've asked their team to provide a CAR. This would make it fair because both teams would then have had the NAR for one half.

Where's Jimmy Hill when you need him?

Back