A&H

Relocating to central London as a level 4

cd17207

Level 4 Referee
Hello,
I am relocating to central London in the summer and I am wondering the feasibility of operating as a level 4 without access to a car. Are there plenty of step 5 games accessible by tube so that I could retain level 4 status and ideally work towards promotion? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

The Referee Store
Straight off the top of my head I can think of Chesham, Amersham (Metropolitan line), St Panteilimon, New Salamis, Haringey, London Tigers, Enfield, Wingate & Finchley.

Some of these are Isthmian sides so will likely be places you would go for lines.

If media reports are correct, the FA is due to publish the allocations of teams for Step 3-6 this week.

Once this is published you’ll be able to see for certain exactly what league(s) will have teams you can expect to do.

Really depends on what supply league you are on. Some of the Spartan South Mids grounds are nigh on impossible without a car, whereas lots of the Essex Senior League venues are easily accessible. I've known lots of London L4s over the years that haven't had a car, and they've muddled by through a combination of public transport or relying on their assistants to pick them up.

Where in London are you moving to?

Straight off the top of my head I can think of Chesham, Amersham (Metropolitan line), St Panteilimon, New Salamis, Haringey, London Tigers, Enfield, Wingate & Finchley.

Some of these are Isthmian sides so will likely be places you would go for lines.

If media reports are correct, the FA is due to publish the allocations of teams for Step 3-6 this week.

Once this is published you’ll be able to see for certain exactly what league(s) will have teams you can expect to do.
Thanks for the reply mate, will make sure to keep an eye out.

Really depends on what supply league you are on. Some of the Spartan South Mids grounds are nigh on impossible without a car, whereas lots of the Essex Senior League venues are easily accessible. I've known lots of London L4s over the years that haven't had a car, and they've muddled by through a combination of public transport or relying on their assistants to pick them up.

Where in London are you moving to?
Thanks for your insight mate.
Looking at areas in the borough of Lambeth, trying to work out if the premium for parking is justified!

Thanks for your insight mate.
Looking at areas in the borough of Lambeth, trying to work out if the premium for parking is justified!

So that would leave you on the SCEFL or Combined Counties for your supply league, and contrib games would mainly be on Isthmian Premier, South Central and South East divisions. You can look up those leagues and try and get an idea of potential travel.

Back