A&H

Reporting C1

HoofItYouDonkey

RefChat Addict
Level 6 Referee
Today...attacker is away from a defender and the defender pulls him back, YC, no question, no complaints.
Question: On WGS the C1 requires a 'type of offence' (Foul Tackle - FT etc). There is not a category for 'professional' fouls.
Any idea which category to use??

The Referee Store
Today...attacker is away from a defender and the defender pulls him back, YC, no question, no complaints.
Question: On WGS the C1 requires a 'type of offence' (Foul Tackle - FT etc). There is not a category for 'professional' fouls.
Any idea which category to use??
This is how I translate the codes;
DI, Feigning or Simulation
AA, Aggressive Attitude (non-contact)
UB, Lack of Respect, Distraction, Unauthorized Goalkeeper Swap, Unspecified
DP, Dangerous Play, I'd say without contact or brutality/excessive force
RP, Reckless Play
SP, Any push which is not VC or any push/pull Stopping a Promising Attack
HB, Handball to score a goal or Stopping a Promising Attack
TR/FT, Trip or Foul Tackle to Stop a Promising Attack
The fact that it's not clear, just illustrates how poor the FA's interpretation of the Laws is :confused:
SP for your incident imo
I work quite close to Bletchley btw!!!

Last edited:
This is how I translate the codes;
DI, Feigning or Simulation
AA, Aggressive Attitude (non-contact)
UB, Lack of Respect, Distraction, Unauthorized Goalkeeper Swap, Unspecified
DP, Dangerous Play, I'd say without contact or brutality/excessive force
RP, Reckless Play
SP, Any push which is not VC or any push/pull Stopping a Promising Attack
HB, Handball to score a goal or Stopping a Promising Attack
TR/FT, Trip or Foul Tackle to Stop a Promising Attack
The fact that it's not clear, just illustrates how poor the FA's interpretation of the Laws is :confused:
SP for your incident imo
I work quite close to Bletchley btw!!!
It's an administration issue, not an interpretation issue. Anyway, in the grand scheme does it really matter? Just pick the one that seems closest and click.

It's an administration issue, not an interpretation issue. Anyway, in the grand scheme does it really matter? Just pick the one that seems closest and click.
I now agree, but as a newly qualified ref, that took me hours to decipher. What's the point of having stats which have scant translation to Law? It reflects badly on the FA

Isn't there one for pushing/pulling? It's C1, PP in Wales for that.
Yeh - SP.

There is no such thing as a proffessional foul in lotg. So there wont be a code for it. Whilst there are some offences not on the list, at least there aren't made up offences

Yeh - SP.

There is no such thing as a proffessional foul in lotg. So there wont be a code for it. Whilst there are some offences not on the list, at least there aren't made up offences
And yet, if I was being observed and failed to caution for SPA, I'd be docked marks...

And yet, if I was being observed and failed to caution for SPA, I'd be docked marks...

Yes but you are cautioning for “Unsporting behaviour” in LOTG and in admin...the secondary codes are for analysis and tracking by the FA.

Don’t get me wrong though - if they are going to do these tracking codes they should have super clear/simple descriptions for things we see every week (Reckless Tackle, Pulling, SPA, AA, Cynical Tackle etc). Foul Tackle irritates me every time I enter it.

Say what? You lost me there Graeme! Who's telling you not to caution for SPA?

SPA is a symptom of one of the FA code offences. E.g. is its a careless pull that is SPA you mark that as SP or a foul tackle that SPA then mark that as FT.

Say what? You lost me there Graeme! Who's telling you not to caution for SPA?

SPA is a symptom of one of the FA code offences. E.g. is its a careless pull that is SPA you mark that as SP or a foul tackle that SPA then mark that as FT.
You've just told me there's no such thing in the LOTG?

The codes are only for FA monitoring so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over what you choose as long as it is close to what happened.

SPA is the outcome of an offence that could be any of DP, FT, HB, RP, SP, or TR.

The codes are only for FA monitoring so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over what you choose as long as it is close to what happened.

SPA is the outcome of an offence that could be any of DP, FT, HB, RP, SP, or TR.
Pedantic of me, but i see SPA and the various possible codes as separate from DP. Just because they are differentiated from one another in the book and only one can best fit the crime. My interpretation of the divvy's thinking who came up with said codes

Back