A&H

Rotherham v Derby

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee

Frank gets his marching orders!!! Looked a decent shout for a pen to me!!! ;) The RC was a nasty challenge!!

Last edited:
The Referee Store
No punishment for 19 red, who comes running in from miles away for a shove, and has to be thrown away by the neck by the AR?

Agree with the pen, great work by the AR to get involved.

Can't argue with the red, and I do think there is a push on the penalty. A bit unlucky as the defender seemed to lose his balance and then pushed the attacker, but it is still a push. What is odd is why the assistant flags but then doesn't make any effort to move towards the corner flag, seemed to confuse the referee a little.

Reactions: JH
Honestly, Number 4 and 17 (arm tatts, in the middle) from red also should have been booked, along with 19. It only kicked off because 4 ran in from nowhere, and 17 runs in, keeps escalating things and mouthing off and has to be held back by several players. Easy to say from the keyboard, I just wish this sport was harsher on players starting this nonsense.

As for the penalty...there's an arm in the back, but that may be because the defender lost his footing.

However, why did he lose his footing? Because he wasn't watching where he was going and ran into the back of the attacker (the attacker was running straight and didn't cross over his path). So, still the defender's fault. Excellent decision.

Can't argue with the red, and I do think there is a push on the penalty. A bit unlucky as the defender seemed to lose his balance and then pushed the attacker, but it is still a push. What is odd is why the assistant flags but then doesn't make any effort to move towards the corner flag, seemed to confuse the referee a little.
I think it's an ace flag from the lino. It's so far in the box and he's signalling the offence, there's no need to move any further. Ref looks at him for double confirmation. All good for me.

First time I've seen the RC for a coach. Is that in the prem too?

I think it's an ace flag from the lino. It's so far in the box and he's signalling the offence, there's no need to move any further. Ref looks at him for double confirmation. All good for me.

First time I've seen the RC for a coach. Is that in the prem too?

I disagree. Should always move to the corner. It is just part of the signalling supporting a penalty. Missing half a signal can cause confusion.

Back