A&H

Rugby World Cup

Should Football follow Rugby by allowing only the captain to communicate with the referee ?

• Total voters
A

AndyW

So the Rugby world cup is well under way who do you think will win it ?

Im going to put my neck on the line and say England !

Also watching the game today against Romania its good to see that only the captain can talk to the referee do you think this would be a good idea in football ? Answer in the poll !

The Referee Store
As good as I think it would be, it would be impossible to enforce in the current climate of everyone wanting to know what's going on. For that i've said no, maybe in the future it would be good but officials would have to start clamping down on everyone but the captain who comes to talk to him, i.e. a caution for dissent. Yet, then more than likely there would be uproar and masses of red cards to follow through second cautions, so for me at the moment we will have to move ourselves to deal with dissent in our own ways.

I've said yes... I think it would be a brilliant idea, but I don't believe captains have as much of a leading role in football as they do in rugby. I mean, in most games I do, a captain is and ordinary player with an armband.

I would say no as I think there maybe alot of "waiting around" for the captain to get to you, say if he is the Goalkeeper, and you are at the other end of the field. Its a good idea in theory but if all the players were a bit more polite referees would have no issue with talking to any player.

Back