A&H

Scott Parker on you know what

Who dismissed the professional's view? It is a fact that he said he wouldn't have complained without VAR - you have said that is untrue. So he's spouting nonsense.
You really need to listen the interview. He said that its easier to accept a decision you disagree with viewed once, at speed, from a less than perfect position - pretty much what we do most of the time - rather than the same decision reached after you have had time to think about it and viewed it multiple times on a monitor.

Its common sense rather than nonsense.

The Referee Store
We've had this out. We're on a different page. Move on. We won't agree, but;

To clarify my view once again;
My view is that the foul play was all caused by the shirt pull outside the PA. It's more likely that I'd have deemed this pull a foul than I would the consequential, trivial, accidental and not particularly careless contact inside the PA. The two instances of contact were sequential. No advantage played. Penalise the first offence in sequence. No perpetuation of a pull from out/inside PA
Easy DFK & Dismissal. No complaints. Fair outcome IMO
Don't really see what the problem is
'Fulham defender Joachim Andersen has had his one match suspension overturned for wrongful dismissal'
Good shout @Big Cat ;) - Evidently, well reasoned

Really don't understand how the red card has been rescinded. Doesn't matter if you think it was a pen or not, neither the tug outside the box nor the slight contact inside the box could be deemed a genuine attempt for the ball surely?

Player has won twice here, because he was already on a yellow, so even if you go with no red, has to be a yellow minimum and then he would still get his one match ban - here he gets off any ban at all.

Totally baffled.

As best I can tell, the PL is saying that all tripping in the PA is a play for the ball, so it can never be a sendoff. (But it is mystifying to me that they would simply remove the red rather than downgrading it. Well, its mystifying that they would change this at all but protocols that complete take away any discipline seem utterly nuts to me, which is highlighted in this case where he should have been sent off anyway with the second yellow.)

In American Football the pundits all take pride in understanding the Laws of their game and fully understand why decisions are made. That way they can explain why the decision is made and make them come across as knowledgeable
I have seen numerous pros and managers at talks/seminars who - when asked about their understanding of the Laws - have replied "I don't need to know the Laws because I'm a professional player/manager". I often feel the same thing about football pundits especially when they make a comment I know is incorrect.
But then how would the likes of Talksport and 606 manage without their "experts" complaining about VAR and how the VAR official got it wrong as they all rely on phone calls, who in the main, agree with the "experts" comments.
Sadly this all filters down and at the lower tiers if the referees there that cop the disagreement and abuse.
These "experts" who demanded VAR are now fighting against it because it clarifies decisions in the main - but not for the "experts" as they don't understand the reason behind the decision.
Sadly there is too much money now involved, the media requires viewers/listeners, and its not going to change

Back