A&H

Serious Assault

The Referee Store
Shocking, I reffereed a Somalian team v a pub team once... that went well... 2reds, players chasing players around the car park.. a few other unsavory incidents. I was ok but the FA made a few quid

I hope he got name & numbers to put in his report as many advise on here is the best approach to take when put in a threatening position!

To think if he had retaliated it would have made him worse than them & he should be banned for life!

Yep, a registered company sorry charity, posts some shocking clip to further it’s ‘on message, agenda’ and the twitterer fraternity suck it up to further their own links and careers... why don’t they just go and do one! This doesnt need Ref cams, this needs teams disbanding and players given indefinite bans... no excuse, no agenda

The fact that the founder/s of ref support have/are in the process of developing various apps, cameras and assorted addons which all need match officials to be allowed to wear body cakes to be viable is completely coincidental

The fact that the founder/s of ref support have/are in the process of developing various apps, cameras and assorted addons which all need match officials to be allowed to wear body cakes to be viable is completely coincidental
Well blow me, how did they think of that idea so quick!

I hope he got name & numbers to put in his report as many advise on here is the best approach to take when put in a threatening position!

To think if he had retaliated it would have made him worse than them & he should be banned for life!
Are you telling me you got punched and kicked? Because my memory of the thread you're referencing is that a man said some bad things to you and you overreacted, which doesn't really equate to what we can see in this assault.

The FA responsible for these 2 teams need to take very strong and very quick action. Teams disbanded if both teams were involved. It is difficult to tell from the clip if one team is trying to protect the ref or joining in. Both teams disbanded and all officials of the clubs banned as well.
If we are to have body cakes can I ask for a scone. as it is the fastest cake in the world and I might keep up with play!:)

The FA responsible for these 2 teams need to take very strong and very quick action. Teams disbanded if both teams were involved. It is difficult to tell from the clip if one team is trying to protect the ref or joining in. Both teams disbanded and all officials of the clubs banned as well.
If we are to have body cakes can I ask for a scone. as it is the fastest cake in the world and I might keep up with play!:)

No, Clattenburgs only...

Totally agree, however, if the police are involved they’ll need to wait until any police enquiries have finished.

Normally the video evidence wouldn’t be considered, but as this has been splashed all over the papers, it will be interesting to see if any charges are found not proven.

Totally agree, however, if the police are involved they’ll need to wait until any police enquiries have finished.

Normally the video evidence wouldn’t be considered, but as this has been splashed all over the papers, it will be interesting to see if any charges are found not proven.

They have to wait for police inquiries to conclude? Or they choose to wait?

Why wouldn't the video evidence be considered?

Are you telling me you got punched and kicked? Because my memory of the thread you're referencing is that a man said some bad things to you and you overreacted, which doesn't really equate to what we can see in this assault.

I would hazard a guess that the attack on this ref started verbally & soon escalated.

Are u suggesting I should have waited until I was punched in the head a few times?

TBF, when you see some of the African and South American clips this is pretty tame. No way is this the worst ever, I once made the mistake of saying something under my breath after very serious provocation and a direct threat, I was set upon, luckily a couple of Rugby swerves and a fellow player jumping on the gypsy 6-4’ striker saved my bacon. Good job that wasn’t filmed. I was in a very bad place! Don’t do it kids!

I would hazard a guess that the attack on this ref started verbally & soon escalated.

Are u suggesting I should have waited until I was punched in the head a few times?

Whether we like it or not you can not retaliate if you are physically or verbally abused.

If player A punches player B, and player B retaliates by kicking player A you would send both off for violent conduct.

Why should referees get preferential treatment, and also, referees are held to higher standards of behaviour, so when we slip up we can expect a harsher punishment than a player might face for the same offence.

If you don’t like it, then I suggest you either accept it, and retaliate at your own risk, or give up refereeing.

Back