A&H

SheBelieves Cup Law Changes

The Referee Store
"On a goal kick and a free kick for the defending team in their own penalty area, the ball is in play as soon as the kick is taken so a player – or opponent as long as they started outside the penalty or were not given the proper time to exit the penalty – can play the ball before it leaves the penalty area."

If this is how the final version of the LOTG amendment reads, it is going to be very painful in young games.

"On a goal kick and a free kick for the defending team in their own penalty area, the ball is in play as soon as the kick is taken so a player – or opponent as long as they started outside the penalty or were not given the proper time to exit the penalty – can play the ball before it leaves the penalty area."

If this is how the final version of the LOTG amendment reads, it is going to be very painful in young games.

Lot of the kids are encouraged to play it short, rather than blindly blooter it up the park.
And course, some cant kick it far in the first place

It seems like the idiots have been left in charge of the game since I left, who employs them exactly???

I really hate the name of this competition. Just seems patronising to me.

I agree with Ciley, points 2 and 3 are swell, but I'm not a fan of point 1.

This problem exists even for current law. Easy fix. There is a 25 meter comp rule in all our comps up to U13 (grassroots and academy/representative) where opponents must stay behind an imaginary 25 meter line until a second defender has touched it. The line is parallel to the goal line and they use flag posts outside touchline as guides.

Also agree with disagreeing with point 1 from the article. Its unnecessary. The referee can enforce it with the current law if needs be.

This problem exists even for current law. Easy fix. There is a 25 meter comp rule in all our comps up to U13 (grassroots and academy/representative) where opponents must stay behind an imaginary 25 meter line until a second defender has touched it. The line is parallel to the goal line and they use flag posts outside touchline as guides.

Also agree with disagreeing with point 1 from the article. Its unnecessary. The referee can enforce it with the current law if needs be.

In the US we currently only use a build out line (essentially what you describe, but we paint the line on the field) at 10U and younger. This might spur growing it out to 12U.

How does it jeopardise player safety?

Imagine a nice Premier League derby. The opposing holding midfielder is subbed out on a yellow after a nasty tackle on the home teams striker. He then is forced to leave on the far side of the field and then walk around half the stadium about two yards from opposing fans. Could have some issues.

Now lets raise the stakes and do the same thing in a Boca vs River Platte match were the fans already have a history of resorting to violence. What could possibly go wrong there?

All of this for what? To save 15 seconds on a sub? How about the refs just do their job and add on time lost for subs. Or book the sub who goes to slow.

How does it jeopardise player safety?

Exactly as others have said, am going to use my countries biggest game, Rangers v Celtic, Celtic are 2-1 up, 5 mins to go and captain Brown is already villan of the peace before being involved in Rangers captain being sent off, and to add to that, he has scored the second goal..gets a knock 5 to go,
He is at far side, board up, off he is to trot...
He wont make it all the way round! And thats even leaving aside that he wont be shy in dishing it out....
Extreme yes but throw same ideas into your other hate games
Sanitised stadia, fine
High risk games, no
Even grass roots, you really want to add sending the games dirtiest rat right into the lions den sideline?

Am sure its been thought through, at referee discretion might be better.

On a testy game do you really want a player going off the field on the far side near opposing fans?
Or lets bring that to grassroots where typically one team sets up on o e sid eof the field and the other on the otherside. Do you really want a player leaving at the side opposite to his in a really feisty game, although I hope they put a caveat in there to say unless there is a safety issue a la KFTPM law.

I hope they put a caveat in there to say unless there is a safety issue a la KFTPM law.
Unless there are other considerations (e.g. ground conditions, safety etc.), the referee tosses a coin to decide the side the substituted player leave the field of play.

Unless there are other considerations (e.g. ground conditions, safety etc.), the referee tosses a coin to decide the side the substituted player leave the field of play.

Err no.

Example: Substituted player leaves the field of play by the nearest boundary unless there are other considerations, (e.g. safety, match control etc.) in which case the referee should direct the substituted player which boundary to leave from.

How do you toss a coin to establish which of four lines a player is to leave from?
The coin toss will take longer than the game!!

Back