A&H

Sheffield United v Leicester

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Was just about to comment about the way McBurnie went, and stayed, down but the restart had me a bit confused.

McBurnie went down holding his head and stayed down without moving.
As soon as whistle went, he suddenly moved and was looking/talking with keeper as if to say is he coming (ref)?
To me, replays show very little, if any, contact by anyone for him to warrant going down and even staying down.
Is it a new tactic by the "weaker" clubs to stop attacks by going down where possible and holding head knowing it'll be instantly stopped?
I think its very unsporting.

Anyway, the restart.
He done a drop ball to the keeper.
But the ball was, if I'm not mistaken, out with the Leicester left back, or at least in his position and with Leicester in possession. So how's it with the keeper for a restart?

The Referee Store
Did any Leicester player tough it after the ball left the penalty area? If not, dropped ball to keeper would be correct restart I think as ball was last touched in penalty area.

Not sure it's that new a tactic!

Restart shouldn’t have been to the keeper. Last touch was with Leicester in the middle of the park.
Can’t say I recognise the referee.

Was just about to comment about the way McBurnie went, and stayed, down but the restart had me a bit confused.

McBurnie went down holding his head and stayed down without moving.
As soon as whistle went, he suddenly moved and was looking/talking with keeper as if to say is he coming (ref)?
To me, replays show very little, if any, contact by anyone for him to warrant going down and even staying down.
Is it a new tactic by the "weaker" clubs to stop attacks by going down where possible and holding head knowing it'll be instantly stopped?
I think its very unsporting.
It was a fanzone topic after the Man City v Burnley game last week. Stops a quick counter attack.

Back