A&H

World Cup Should this be a penalty?

The Referee Store
No not in a month of Sundays......even with the latest missive from the asylum.....

Penalty for me, even under the old laws. She’s moved her body inbetween the ball and the attacker and used her arm to prevent it reaching them.

Usually you and @Sheffields Finest give it the ‘play on, next’ malarkey for comedic effect but you both never really seem to say why. This is all open to interpretation but I’d be actually interested to know why you don’t think that it’s a penalty in line with the LOTG
Well, the WWC refs and the VAR seem to disagree with your equally comedic interpretations so jog on!

That should have been a penalty. Arm moves towards the ball. It looks deliberate. And meets the criteria for deliberate handball imo.

That should have been a penalty. Arm moves towards the ball. It looks deliberate. And meets the criteria for deliberate handball imo.

Agree, whether the old or new law was in play is irrelevant here as she intentionally moves her arm towards the ball. Can only assume VAR somehow didn't see it, or there was a problem with the technology at the time. If VAR did see it and deemed no penalty then I suspect that will be his / her last game at the tournament as UEFA won't like that.

Back