A&H

Sin bin query

So, now telling a ref to FO is NOT now a RC?? WTAF!!! It's only a smack danny, NO yellow card (for some), its a sin bin only!!!!!

When did the snowflakes take over the asylum on this one!!! I really am shocked on this one!!! Since when its that dissent!!! FFS Get a grip!!!
Think its you thats being the "snowflake" on this one.
Par for the course language now. Think this will be split by a generational divide. I'm sorry I just dont find that offensive.. certainly is not an insult, and abuse? Hard pressed to call that abuse imo.

The Referee Store
Genuinely shocked.... I’d have some fun on your games if that’s allowed... you’d get some of the brilliant sledging that cricket was famous for....send me some of your fixtures! 😂

Anyone see the recent video from a US school where the kids punches the teacher and rather from putting up with it he has a good swing back and keeps on swinging.... good on him, the little b@&£)(; asked for it. Same here, telling someone in authority to FO should be stamped on, no ifs, no buts, no snowflake excuses. Bye bye!

It all really depends on context. F*** off ref can be said in a joking style manner, equally it can be said with intent and anger which is entirely different.

Anyone see the recent video from a US school where the kids punches the teacher and rather from putting up with it he has a good swing back and keeps on swinging.... good on him, the little b@&£)(; asked for it. Same here, telling someone in authority to FO should be stamped on, no ifs, no buts, no snowflake excuses. Bye bye!
i dont think you understand the term snowflake.

I’m not sure you understand what offinabus means! 👍
I do. Dismissed a player for it just yesterday...

Anyway, back on topic -
Regarfing OP I have found an FA document that states:
Offences before/during/after a temporary dismissal
 A temporarily dismissed player who commits a cautionable (YC) or sending-off (RC) offence during their
temporary dismissal period will take no further part in the match and may not be replaced or substituted

I do. Dismissed a player for it just yesterday...

Anyway, back on topic -
Regarfing OP I have found an FA document that states:
Offences before/during/after a temporary dismissal
 A temporarily dismissed player who commits a cautionable (YC) or sending-off (RC) offence during their
temporary dismissal period will take no further part in the match and may not be replaced or substituted
Thank you, the helps clears things up. Would you regard additional dissent as a cautionable offence if the player has been temporarily dismissed?

I'd pay to see some of you lot ref a Sunday league match near me, you'd be hounded off the pitch after you'd sent the 6th player off for using the F word! Your players must be a dream!

I'd pay to see some of you lot ref a Sunday league match near me, you'd be hounded off the pitch after you'd sent the 6th player off for using the F word! Your players must be a dream!
Reffed some of the toughest Sheffield estate OA teams and if they want to play silly buggers then it gets reffed in that way. Took me a few years to get my reputation and I’m proud of it while it lasted. You reap what you sow in allowing directed FO at you. No issue with some swear words said in context, as RR says, but I can’t condone aggressive swearing at all. If it ends up as a 7 v 7 then so be it! Expensive mornings education! The next time they met me they were warned!

No, you send the first, the rest, unless really thick, stop doing it............

Reffed some of the toughest Sheffield estate OA teams and if they want to play silly buggers then it gets reffed in that way. Took me a few years to get my reputation and I’m proud of it while it lasted. You reap what you sow in allowing directed FO at you. No issue with some swear words said in context, as RR says, but I can’t condone aggressive swearing at all. If it ends up as a 7 v 7 then so be it! Expensive mornings education! The next time they met me they were warned!
You've explained exactly why I'd pay to see it!

You've explained exactly why I'd pay to see it!

Sadly my race is run, for now!!! I thought I'd miss it, I haven't, too busy.. The calls have dried up loads, still the odd one.... You'd be surprised to know that when I retired I received loads of PMs from players and managers alike that applauded my 'style'. Hardly heard them at the games, they were the quieter ones that saw games spoiled by bully players used to bullying no balls referees... They actually loved my stand up to idiots stance and were appreciative of my vain efforts!!

I always said I could have reffed a lot higher but wouldn't of have the lips for the ars3s you need to kiss!!

Sadly my race is run, for now!!! I thought I'd miss it, I haven't, too busy.. The calls have dried up loads, still the odd one.... You'd be surprised to know that when I retired I received loads of PMs from players and managers alike that applauded my 'style'. Hardly heard them at the games, they were the quieter ones that saw games spoiled by bully players used to bullying no balls referees... They actually loved my stand up to idiots stance and were appreciative of my vain efforts!!

I always said I could have reffed a lot higher but wouldn't of have the lips for the ars3s you need to kiss!!
I respect your conviction. For me, it would only serve to damage my aspirations of refereeing at a higher level. You're right about that last bit, not really engaged in that myself but I've seen plenty who are desperate to do so!

The law says :

REFEREE’S SIGNAL
The referee will indicate a temporary dismissal by showing a yellow card (YC) and then clearly pointing with both arms to the temporary dismissal area (usually the player’s technical area)
But I feel it does complicate things as most players don't understand it

Back