A&H

Smartwatch w GPS - Ticwatch S

zonknz

I recently got myself a Google wear tickwatch s - around 250NZD / 130 GBP off Amazon. Figured it was worth writing a small.review for refs in the market for a gps device that works with a ref app.

This is a sporty looking smartwatch, with built-in GPS.

https://www.mobvoi.com/au/pages/ticwatchse

I've been using refsix app, and it's great for recording match events, and producing a heatmap. Given the price point, I reckon it's a great buy. I get a full day+ out of the battery during the working week.

Just one for refs interested in smartwatch to consider, right now not many smartwatches seem to have built in GPS, so this is great value.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
I'd be concerned with having to charge it daily.
People say this, but (as a smartwatch owner) I don't really understand it. Do you wear your watch while in bed at night? If not, all it means is you take it off and put it on the charging stand on your bedside table instead of just putting it on the table.

People say this, but (as a smartwatch owner) I don't really understand it. Do you wear your watch while in bed at night? If not, all it means is you take it off and put it on the charging stand on your bedside table instead of just putting it on the table.
I do for sleep tracking

Got the Ticwatch E when I started, and has been pretty good. I know I'll get two full OA games out of it before it needs a charge. The only issue I've had is it tends to go mental in the rain so I have to resort back to the standard digital watch and card sheet.

Charging smart watches daily is likely to become the norm rather than the exception as manufacturers try to cram more functionality into a smaller form factor. I was worried when I first got my Apple Watch, but it is now second nature to take it off when I go to bed. Sleep tracking is done through an app on my iPhone (Sleep Cycle).

Hi, good question around daily charging. I got a couple of freestanding charging cradle off AliExpress - about $10 / 5gbp. Charger is magnetic so easy to mount. Reasonably quick to charge - maybe 20-25 minutes a day? I do tend to wear for sleep tracking.

Ticwatch have a new model called the pro which they say is 5 days life.

I do for sleep tracking
Ah fair enough, I forgot about that. I used it briefly when my watch was new (and could comfortably do 2 days per charge at that point!), but found as I was barely ever checking the data it generated, it was simpler just to charge it most nights and not worry about the battery.

Back