A&H

Some advice: I red carded the same player twice, how to report it

Trip

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
So this isn't quite a Poll special. I dismissed a home team player for OFFINABUS. He went off to the changing rooms, got changed, and unbeknownst to me returned to watch the game from the sidelines.

After the match I was clarifying a name with the home team manager and somebody wanders up and says "are you putting those through?" (ie. the disciplinary report). Yes says I. "Are you seriously putting them through?" he says, quite aggressive now. Yes, I seriously am, I say. "Of course he's putting them through he's a ****ing jobsworth. You ****ing *****!"

So this guy is dressed in jeans and t-shirt and it's not obvious whether he's a spectator or player. I ask him if he played, and yes he said, he did. So out comes the red and I ask for his name. He refuses to give me his name and walks off. His teammate tells me I've already sent him off.

So here's the question: do I put all that on the dismissal report or add a misconduct report for the same person?

The Referee Store
Complete a separate misconduct report for the misconduct after the final whistle.

Surprised you didn't recognise him as the player you earlier dismissed.....;););)

So this isn't quite a Poll special. I dismissed a home team player for OFFINABUS. He went off to the changing rooms, got changed, and unbeknownst to me returned to watch the game from the sidelines.

After the match I was clarifying a name with the home team manager and somebody wanders up and says "are you putting those through?" (ie. the disciplinary report). Yes says I. "Are you seriously putting them through?" he says, quite aggressive now. Yes, I seriously am, I say. "Of course he's putting them through he's a ****ing jobsworth. You ****ing *****!"

So this guy is dressed in jeans and t-shirt and it's not obvious whether he's a spectator or player. I ask him if he played, and yes he said, he did. So out comes the red and I ask for his name. He refuses to give me his name and walks off. His teammate tells me I've already sent him off.

So here's the question: do I put all that on the dismissal report or add a misconduct report for the same person?

Why did u show a red card? The game had ended and you had left the field of play - or thats how I have read it.

Lotg states the referee -
• has the authority to take disciplinary action from entering the field of play
for the pre-match inspection until leaving the field of play after the match
ends (including kicks from the penalty mark).
So you wouldnt show cards here anyway you'd just explain you'll be submitting an additional misconduct report.
Also, before you showed the red card, when you confirmed he was a player, did you not confirm his name and check who had already been dismissed?

original Red + misconduct. Can't be two reds in law...but as you didn't recognise him I can see why you did that (as you were still on the FoP.)

something similar happened to me in a game last season (under 18's game). I subsequently found out the player did not get a further sanction for the misconduct report. Made me wonder.

Why did u show a red card? The game had ended and you had left the field of play - or thats how I have read it.

The referee has every right to dismiss a player after the game, but typically, if you're already off the field of play, out of your kit and ready to go, then it's considered misconduct. If you're still on the FOP just after the final whistle, still in your kit, then I was under the impression you could send players off.

The referee has every right to dismiss a player after the game, but typically, if you're already off the field of play, out of your kit and ready to go, then it's considered misconduct. If you're still on the FOP just after the final whistle, still in your kit, then I was under the impression you could send players off.

Covered in law 5, two bullet points are relevant ...

• has the authority to take disciplinary action from entering the field of play for the pre-match inspection until leaving the field of play after the match ends (including kicks from the penalty mark). If, before entering the field of play at the start of the match, a player commits a sending-off offence, the referee has the authority to prevent the player taking part in the match (see Law 3.6); the referee will report any other misconduct

• has the power to show yellow or red cards from entering the field of play at the start of the match until after the match has ended, including during the half-time interval, extra time and kicks from the penalty mark

Back