A&H

Southampton v Wolves

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
2 handballs, one given, one not?

Can see why the first one was given against Southampton player, but still a little harsh, given proximity and speed, but why not against Wolves player?

PGMOL said (as quoted on MOTD2) that VAR felt neither was a clear and obvious error so went with on field.

I'm thinking maybe ref didn't give the one against Wolves player because the ball came off his head first?

Thoughts?

The Referee Store
The PGMO seem to have "interpreted"/invented a new handball consideration "barrier to goal".

What made me laugh, is that Nuno has been hacked off with VAR since Day 1, but on Saturday he didn't see the incidents too well and thought it better to leave it to the Match Officials :asshat:
It's all pathetic really. Nuno could easily have said that the justice was unfair/inconsistent

The PGMO seem to have "interpreted"/invented a new handball consideration "barrier to goal".

Actually, that's not a PGMOL thing. Despite not being mentioned in any LOTG guidance or clarifications, the 'barrier' is an approach that has been adopted by PGMOL/MLS(PRO)/La Liga/UEFA to name a few.

Actually, that's not a PGMOL thing. Despite not being mentioned in any LOTG guidance or clarifications, the 'barrier' is an approach that has been adopted by PGMOL/MLS(PRO)/La Liga/UEFA to name a few.
Why don't they put it in the book then?? Secrets like this are not helpful. Referees and Law Makers make things complicated and inaccessible to justify positions up the ladder. Just wholly unnecessary, the game really ought not be that complicated

The Bertrand handball I have no sympathy with. He knows what he’s doing and doesn’t get away with it. One hand tucked right into his body, the other away to stop the ball and collapses in the ground suggesting it hit him in the chest.

Trying to kid his way out of it and can’t.

The Bertrand handball I have no sympathy with. He knows what he’s doing and doesn’t get away with it. One hand tucked right into his body, the other away to stop the ball and collapses in the ground suggesting it hit him in the chest.

Trying to kid his way out of it and can’t.
He's doing everything he can to not handle the ball. Why would he want to handle the ball like that when it's virtually certain to result in a PK

I wasn't having a go at @Jtpetherick1 BTW (Just frustration on my part)
IFAB will have to dispel any notion of one set of Laws for game. Forensic analysis of the elite game is only going to intensify. It's not possible to have this when using Laws devised for ITOOTR. I have a lot of empathy for Hasenhuttl on this occasion because he (like most of us) are not privy to secret teachings which have no reference in the book
The Bertrand HB put one of the Ref's feet on a banana skin and the second HB made sure the other was in the Crematorium
Unenviable for Scott, but if VAR gave the first, HE had to give the second

He's doing everything he can to not handle the ball. Why would he want to handle the ball like that when it's virtually certain to result in a PK
It’s the sheepish look on his face. before the indignant appeal.

It reminded me of Steven Taylor in that infamous Newcastle game some years back, where tried to “sell” it as hitting his chest when it was an obvious DOGSO.

Back