A&H

Southampton

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Now don't want Mason or Dean on their games.

Surely the FA, PL and PGMOL need to come out with a strong statement about these 'requests'?

The Referee Store
Id purposely give them Dean and Mason for all their games.
Its written in rule competitions at grassroots no club can object to an appointed referee yet a premier league club feels this is suitable? Unbelievable

Yeh, read an article this morning sayi g they denied they had asked that but were appealing
It now appears the red card for Bednarek has been overturned which makes somewhat of a mockery of VAR. Surely they did not take into account what Martial allegedly said to get the card overturned as this ultimately undermines the authority of both Mr Dean and the VAR ref.
I also understand the red card given to David Luis has not been overturned so no consistency.

Can referees ask that Hasenhuttl and Nuno not coach while they are refereeing?

Same idea. These guys need to focus on the issues on their own teams.

It now appears the red card for Bednarek has been overturned which makes somewhat of a mockery of VAR. Surely they did not take into account what Martial allegedly said to get the card overturned as this ultimately undermines the authority of both Mr Dean and the VAR ref.
I also understand the red card given to David Luis has not been overturned so no consistency.

Not really, the appeals panel is made up of an ex-player, a manager, and one ex-referee. So it only needs the two non-referees to say they agree with the appeal to mean that the opinion of the referee, the only person there that has passed a LOTG exam, is irrelevant.

Can referees ask that Hasenhuttl and Nuno not coach while they are refereeing?

Same idea. These guys need to focus on the issues on their own teams.

Agree, you pick your battles as a team manager. There was no argument about the first red card, so to make a complaint effectively just based on the red card when you are already 7-0 down strikes me as totally wasted effort.

Agree, you pick your battles as a team manager. There was no argument about the first red card, so to make a complaint effectively just based on the red card when you are already 7-0 down strikes me as totally wasted effort.
Come on, @RustyRef. The appeal is all about the suspension which follows, not the incident itself. Even before Tuesday night, Southampton had been struggling for numbers through injuries and to lose one of their better senior players, a defender no less, was not a prospect they fancied. An appeal was obvious in this case as they would have felt, they had little to lose and a lot to gain.

Come on, @RustyRef. The appeal is all about the suspension which follows, not the incident itself. Even before Tuesday night, Southampton had been struggling for numbers through injuries and to lose one of their better senior players, a defender no less, was not a prospect they fancied. An appeal was obvious in this case as they would have felt, they had little to lose and a lot to gain.

I didn't mean about the appeal, I mean about allegedly saying that they don't want Dean and Mason assigned to any of their future games. Focusing on the officials when you've just lost 9-0 for the second time in 16 months makes them look more than a bit silly.

I don’t know whether this story is true or not (although the fact it was ever reported by the BBC suggests that, as much as Southampton deny it, there is likely some truth in it), but what I despair at is the irony of the very same fans who scream ‘corruption’ every time a subjective decision is made against their team are the ones defending Southampton’s embarrassing deflection tactic- which is horrifyingly reminiscent of what was allowed to happen in Calciopoli. I’m not saying I necessarily agree with Dean and Mason’s decisions, but the scapegoating of and disdain for referees amongst fans and even club staff seems to know no bounds.

Not really, the appeals panel is made up of an ex-player, a manager, and one ex-referee. So it only needs the two non-referees to say they agree with the appeal to mean that the opinion of the referee, the only person there that has passed a LOTG exam, is irrelevant.
I think the panel needs to unanimously agree that the appeal is valid?

Back