A&H

Spam threads....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
To quote Ross on one of the threads:

"If you look closely chaps, these are being posted by a guest account. Like the other blogs on here, they are automatically posted by RSS feed. I only added the feed yesterday so itll take some time for them to completely update all the outstanding posts."

To quote Ross on one of the threads:

"If you look closely chaps, these are being posted by a guest account. Like the other blogs on here, they are automatically posted by RSS feed. I only added the feed yesterday so itll take some time for them to completely update all the outstanding posts."

Oh ok...so its officially approved Spam?

That's so much better.......was there a massive demand for such a thing?

I must have missed that thread where the users were posting in the their hundreds begging and pleading for lots of pointless posts to appear and clog up the "latest posts" screen.

Sorry I must have missed the thread where you gave me your permission to add these things.:wall:

Contrary to popular belief these do get read by people so pardon me for trying to bring more people to the site, who may be searching for "you are the ref" on google.

Next time I have an idea like this I'll be sure to get explicit permission first.

You mean like the 11 threads that have 45 views between them......?

And zero replies?
Again I must apologise for these threads not getting enough views to satisfy you.

I was thinking of upgrading the software, is that ok with you? Or do I need to put it to the committee before I fork out the cash needed to make it happen?

Bugger me!

Ross, these threads are really annoying. I don't think there'd be a problem if they came in occasionally, but that number one after another is too damned obvious and just get in the way of what I really come on here to read.

Unfortunately when you first add the feed it brings them all in one lump. Nothing I can do about that I'm afraid. Now it's brought them all in, it'll only bring in the new posts.

I'll see if there's a way to stop it from appearing in the new posts search.

Again I must apologise for these threads not getting enough views to satisfy you.

I was thinking of upgrading the software, is that ok with you? Or do I need to put it to the committee before I fork out the cash needed to make it happen?

Bugger me!

I'd rather not, if that's ok with you?

It wasn't about how many views satisfy me....it was about whether they are actually adding anything to the forum, or not.....and with an average of 4 views per thread, and no responses......Well....you work it out?

Well like I said, more about SEO and getting RefChat higher in the search rankings

Ross, we traded comms on this before this thread appeared and now it's settled down, the stream of spam threads doesn't bother me. What does bother me is the content of some of the posts which relate to the You at the Ref website's postings by the FORMER General Manager of gthe PGMO who never fails to try scoring points off the current General Manager of the PGMO and the members of the PGMO Select Group 1 and 2. They are the best we have and are streets ahead of anybody his tenure produced, but still he moans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back