A&H

Spanish referee greets you all

I'm a Spanish referee, my name is Javier Alberola Rojas, I referee 4th official in in the Spanish "La Liga 2" and have been 4th official in La Liga, and I'm here because I love your forum. I would like to learn more about football in other cultures, I've been to Cambridge and London recently, I attended the match Cambridge Utd - Colchester, and I could see there are differences in the way you handle a match, and I really liked the way you referee there.

I'd like to visit your country again soon and have the chance to watch matches with some of you, visit interesting places and surely learn from you about refereeing.

The Referee Store
Ola Javier
Glad you enjoyed the refereeing I guess the most significant difference between English and Spanish football would be the pace and physicality whereas in your country it is slower and more technical. Interested in how Spanish players always put their hands behind their backs in the penalty area is this something refs pre-warn teams about?

Bonjourno..........oh wait :p

Hello, welcome to the fun house.

Ola Javier
Glad you enjoyed the refereeing I guess the most significant difference between English and Spanish football would be the pace and physicality whereas in your country it is slower and more technical. Interested in how Spanish players always put their hands behind their backs in the penalty area is this something refs pre-warn teams about?

Thanks for answering and interesting question! You are right about Spanish players putting their hands behind their backs, I think if you pre-warn teams you can avoid many problems. Do you follow La Liga? Have you been on a match in Spain?

Buenos días Javier, bienvenido! Es un placer conocer a un árbitro del extranjero del cual todos podemos aprender algo!

Hope to see you around more, welcome to the forum!

Buenos días Javier, bienvenido! Es un placer conocer a un árbitro del extranjero del cual todos podemos aprender algo!

Hope to see you around more, welcome to the forum!
Gracias compañero. Veo que hablas muy bien español. ¿Conoces la liga española?

Greetings mate!

Gracias compañero. Veo que hablas muy bien español. ¿Conoces la liga española?

Greetings mate!

Lo aprendo desde hace unos años con la intención de trasladarme allí! Claro que conozco La Liga - estoy aficionado de la Valencia! Una de las ligas más famosas del mundo! It's great to have someone of your experience around here, particularly from a global league!

Thanks for answering and interesting question! You are right about Spanish players putting their hands behind their backs, I think if you pre-warn teams you can avoid many problems. Do you follow La Liga? Have you been on a match in Spain?
Unfortunately not, I do follow Spanish football though and have visited the Camp Nou, but I follow all football and refereeing styles and noticed this about the Spanish defenders you will see a lot of debate on here about arms/hand ball and natural-unnatural positions.

Lo aprendo desde hace unos años con la intención de trasladarme allí! Claro que conozco La Liga - estoy aficionado de la Valencia! Una de las ligas más famosas del mundo! It's great to have someone of your experience around here, particularly from a global league!

Me parece perfecto que hables español, así cuando algún día te animes a venir a españa, estaré encantado de acompañarte a algún partido y hablar sobre el fútbol español si es de tu interés.

I think it's perfect that you speak Spanish, so when one day you want to come to Spain, I'll be happy to accompany you to some game and talk about Spanish football if it's of your interest.

Unfortunately not, I do follow Spanish football though and have visited the Camp Nou, but I follow all football and refereeing styles and noticed this about the Spanish defenders you will see a lot of debate on here about arms/hand ball and natural-unnatural positions.

The subject of the arms and elbows is a debate that will always exist. The videos provided by fifa serve to unify criteria and better understand those types of situations.

I'm a Spanish referee, my name is Javier Alberola Rojas, I referee 4th official in in the Spanish "La Liga 2" and have been 4th official in La Liga, and I'm here because I love your forum. I would like to learn more about football in other cultures, I've been to Cambridge and London recently, I attended the match Cambridge Utd - Colchester, and I could see there are differences in the way you handle a match, and I really liked the way you referee there.

I'd like to visit your country again soon and have the chance to watch matches with some of you, visit interesting places and surely learn from you about refereeing.
Hola y bienvenido. He sido árbitro para tu torneo en tu país. Espero que disfrute su tiempo aquí

Me parece perfecto que hables español, así cuando algún día te animes a venir a españa, estaré encantado de acompañarte a algún partido y hablar sobre el fútbol español si es de tu interés.

I think it's perfect that you speak Spanish, so when one day you want to come to Spain, I'll be happy to accompany you to some game and talk about Spanish football if it's of your interest.

Claro, me parece una oportunidad muy interesante, sería fenomenal aprender de alguien con su nivel de experiencia!

Back