A&H

Starting to Ref

Matt Bickerton

Hi everyone,
I am due to start my Refereeing course on August 16th in Lincolnshire which is also my 14th birthday so I will probably be the youngest one there!

I have been attending the East Riding (where I live) referee's association meetings as a guest since around October so I have been looking forward to it for quite a while now.

I have questions to ask to do with when I am doing my games but I will ask them on the course.
However, I would like to know what type of boots (Colour, soft ground or hard ground) I will need for A) the course and B) refereeing in the future

Thanks

The Referee Store
It would be good to get yourself a pair of black boots, if you can't get them right now, in the short term it doesn't matter too much although it is one of the pieces of kit I recommend getting first. If you have a look on A & H they have a boots section and A & H is generally good for refereeing equipment when you need it. Good luck on your course, have fun!

Hi Matt, welcome to the family.
For the course, the organisers must have mentioned some information regarding the facilities where the practical element will take place. So better double check, so that your bring the correct boots. colour doesn't matter at the moment and won't matter for the first couple of games you have to do before the exam. Afterwards It should be mostly black, so I'm afraid none of those new colourful fancy boots

As for soft and hard ground I personally have a pair of both and select accordingly based on the surface.
Good moulded tend to work ok on most surfaces but sometimes on a real boggy pitch its best to have studs available. But its personal preference, I am not suggesting by two pairs, just something to.consider as you will come across all manner of playing surfaces.

Most on here with tell you to get black boots or nearly all black boots. Studs are good on soft ground. If you have trouble getting boots to fit like I do (fat feet to match the fat head) you'll wear what is comfortable. I no longer use footie boots but use cross country running shoes with a variety of aggressive tread patterns to suit the conditions. The don't come in black, my favourites are maroon and yellow!
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...selectedIndex=2&qpvt=fujirunnegade&ajaxhist=0

Back