A&H

TD

The Referee Store
I’d imagine not as they can’t rejoin the game at two TDs. If there are subs available, they could be substituted though?

I’d imagine not as they can’t rejoin the game at two TDs. If there are subs available, they could be substituted though?
Only player in the field or temporarily off the field can take part in KFTPM.

Based on what?
Laws state "A player who is still serving a temporary dismissal at the end of the match is
permitted to take part in kicks from the penalty mark (penalties)"
It's ambiguous, I'll give you that but I think "a player who receives a second temporary dismissal takes no further part" (not actual quite) takes precedent here.
You do raise a minor issue, if matey in 2nd TD 10 mins are not complete by the full time whistle there is no opportunity for the substitution to be completed and thus the team would need to be treat as being down to 10 for KFTPM. Even more interesting if said player is a GK

Based on what?
Laws state "A player who is still serving a temporary dismissal at the end of the match is
permitted to take part in kicks from the penalty mark (penalties)"
"A player who receives a second temporary dismissal in the same match will serve the temporary dismissal and then takes no further part in the match."

"A player who receives a second temporary dismissal in the same match will serve the temporary dismissal and then takes no further part in the match."
Yes but see my quote which is contrary to your outcome. Add to it the part from your quote "serve the temporary dismissal" then you would say they can return if full time is while serving the second period, but can't if the serving time is over during playing time. @JamesL this should also answer your scenario. But I doubt the law makers ever thought of these edge cases and whatever outcome they could mean are quite possibly unintentional.

Once you reach full time then the second TD period is over, so the TD is served either way. The part of law you've quoted doesn't specifically deal with a player on their second TD, the part I've quoted does, so I wouldn't allow the player to take part based on that. I'd agree some clarification from IFAB would be helpful though.

Back