A&H

The most ...

The Referee Store
Did a similar game for a friend with cancer last year.

Was it sanctioned? No
Did I care? No
Did it raise lots of money for his treatment? Yes
Was it a good laugh and day out? Yes
Would I play the game again tomorrow knowing it was unsanctioned? Yes

:rolleyes:

Did a similar game for a friend with cancer last year.

Was it sanctioned? No
Did I care? No
Did it raise lots of money for his treatment? Yes
Was it a good laugh and day out? Yes
Would I play the game again tomorrow knowing it was unsanctioned? Yes

:rolleyes:

Strike that man off!!!

Never mind it was for a good cause, played in the right way and raised a sh!tliad of money for a good cause IT WAS UNSANCTIONED :devil::devil::devil::devil:

doing another in 2 weeks ;) ...

definitely sanctioned though :confused:

who actually cares about sanctioned or not?

is there 2 teams? yes
is it for a good cause? yes
is it a fun day out for everyone involved? yes
does we raise a lot of money each year? yes

where is the issue?

who actually cares about sanctioned or not?
The FA does, and so does your RDO.

Any public liability/personal accident insurance will be void due to the match not being sanctioned, meaning if a player breaks their leg, they they aren't covered. On top of that, if a player decides they don't like one of your decisions and beats the crap out of you for it, then apart from phoning the police there's nothing that can be done about it. Oh, plus you might get an email during your recuperation telling you you've been suspended from refereeing for officiating an unsanctioned match.

So yeah, you should probably care about whether it's sanctioned or not too.

The FA does, and so does your RDO.

Any public liability/personal accident insurance will be void due to the match not being sanctioned, meaning if a player breaks their leg, they they aren't covered. On top of that, if a player decides they don't like one of your decisions and beats the crap out of you for it, then apart from phoning the police there's nothing that can be done about it. Oh, plus you might get an email during your recuperation telling you you've been suspended from refereeing for officiating an unsanctioned match.

So yeah, you should probably care about whether it's sanctioned or not too.

I repeat myself ... *clears throat*

who cares about sanctioned or not? its a charity game ... there for a laugh, to have fun and raise money for a good cause. I don't know of any 'grass roots' games sanctioned by the FA and so far, they all seem pretty ok? especially the one I've played and reffed in for the past 5 years

I repeat myself ... *clears throat*

who cares about sanctioned or not? its a charity game ... there for a laugh, to have fun and raise money for a good cause. I don't know of any 'grass roots' games sanctioned by the FA and so far, they all seem pretty ok? especially the one I've played and reffed in for the past 5 years
Sometimes Charlie they go wrong. An example from last Friday's game was a young man who took exception to being asked to calm down and snapped into a couple of tackles with bigger, stronger, more experienced players. He was one bad challenge away from getting a slap from one of these players. I decided to let him have a little rest before letting him re-join the game later.

If that happened (he got a slap) and the County didn't know, they would take a dim view and probably not protect you if you were subject to a legal challenge. It only takes a phone call to get a Challenge game recognised and for you to be covered by their insurance. In today's world where litigation is so prevalent and where there's blame, etc., it's better to be safe than sorry.

Sometimes Charlie they go wrong. An example from last Friday's game was a young man who took exception to being asked to calm down and snapped into a couple of tackles with bigger, stronger, more experienced players. He was one bad challenge away from getting a slap from one of these players. I decided to let him have a little rest before letting him re-join the game later.

If that happened (he got a slap) and the County didn't know, they would take a dim view and probably not protect you if you were subject to a legal challenge. It only takes a phone call to get a Challenge game recognised and for you to be covered by their insurance. In today's world where litigation is so prevalent and where there's blame, etc., it's better to be safe than sorry.

thanks for that Brian ...

out of interest, whom would I call to get a game recognised?

Back