A&H

The RA-FA Incentive Scheme has been discontinued now...

Monotone Whistle

Another of the RA benefits, the Incentive scheme, has been discontinued for the 15/16 season pending a review. Not sure if it will come back, but I have used it for the past few years, and yesterday got my points for the season just gone to purchase some new Nike ref shorts and socks.

It's another sign that the RA benefits are gradually being eroded, what with the physiocare already being cancelled for next season. I still going to stay a member, there are still a lot of benefits to doing so, but it's still annoying.

Does anyone else use the Incentive Scheme? One of the reasons given for the cancellation was the limited take up of what is a very useful way to get "free" kit.

The Referee Store
I tried on numerous occasions but whoever I dealt with was always passing it onto someone else. I think it depends on where you are in the country, if your local RA are supportive of the scheme it is easy to join. However from my experience, applying on your own was always a challenge.

Nothing to do with the local RA, you sign up using the website (well you did before it was suspended), got the book through the post and fill it in to earn the points as each game/event is completed..

I used it for many years until they imposed a restriction on the points you could earn operating at Supply Level (as a referee/assessor).

Back