A&H

There’s only one Mike Dean

The Referee Store
What’s the context?

dunno - saw it on twitter this morning from Arsenal's official photographer. Seems like a post match hug from last night (Dean did award a pen to Arsenal). Not to be a stick in the mud but it looks really bad to be hugging the winning team in a match right?? I mean it's a proper bear hug! yeeesh

Perhaps Tino is right and he was just whispering hair style tips.

dunno - saw it on twitter this morning from Arsenal's official photographer. Seems like a post match hug from last night (Dean did award a pen to Arsenal). Not to be a stick in the mud but it looks really bad to be hugging the winning team in a match right?? I mean it's a proper bear hug! yeeesh

Perhaps Tino is right and he was just whispering hair style tips.
Some teams I ref have mates of mine playing for them who on the odd occasion have tried hugging me after the game instead of a handshake. I point blank refuse, no way am I opening that can of worms, especially if they’ve just won

A game two weeks ago the manager of one team was a mate of mine but not seen him for a few years, before the match he runs over to me and throws his arms round me, it was a bit unexpected and caught me by surprise and thankfully lasted two or three seconds.

The problem was a parent-spectator of the other team seen it although he never said anything at the time, later in the game i had to send this parent off for foul and abusive language, he then says "i seen you hugging their manager before the game"

Very awkward for me and although nothing i could really done about it at the time il be making sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

I had one eye on this game on a dirty dish down the pub and Guendouzi had been a thorn in Dean's side during the game. It seems all was forgiven in light of the full-time score ❤

Back