A&H

Theresa May

In the referendum of 2016, an astonishing (to my eyes anyway) 27.85% of the electorate did not vote. That's just under 13 million people by the way. That's just apathy and if the issue is so important to you, why didn't you get on your feet and do something about it back on 23 June 2016?
And yes, I think things would change and electoral reform is a must for this country to move forward out of this political stasis we find ourselves in.

If you think our political stasis is bad (and it is) take a look across Europe!!!

The whole issue has been taken over by extremism by both sides as expected. Vote to leave and you're a racist biggot, vote to remain and you're a snowflake. It's beyond impossible. Democracy doesn't work but it's better than the alternatives!

The Referee Store
Any kind of re-vote would be a very bad idea with riotous consequences
I wasn't sure whether Leave or Remain was best, but i strongly believe in the outcome of the vote, even though it was marginal
I think that it would be a bad idea to go through divorce proceedings, only to whimper back with tail between the legs

Any kind of re-vote would be a very bad idea with riotous consequences
I wasn't sure whether Leave or Remain was best, but i strongly believe in the outcome of the vote, even though it was marginal
I think that it would be a bad idea to go through divorce proceedings, only to whimper back with tail between the legs
Lets do Rock, Paper, Scissors, best of three!!

The whole issue has been taken over by extremism by both sides as expected. Vote to leave and you're a racist biggot, vote to remain and you're a snowflake. It's beyond impossible. Democracy doesn't work but it's better than the alternatives!

That's very true.

So much Fake News and Spin involving the MSM, each with their own political agenda/perspective these days. Add that to all the self-serving politicians we have and it's a real mess.

I voted to leave.

Far from being a racist xenophobe, I voted to leave for reasons of democracy above all else.

If the "trade agreement" we actually voted into in the 1970's has been deliberately allowed to morph into this system of federalist "government" that we now have, and extracting ourselves from it will now be so catastrophic to us as a nation - then all the more reason for us to not be a part of it I say. From trade agreement to almost total financial dependence and control without ever being consulted on it? That ain't democracy, That's actually pretty scary.

"Let justice be done or the heavens fall". :cool:

Back