A&H

They're here...

The Referee Store
Thanks Brian!

And for those of you who don't want to look all the way through the changes are:
- some guff about what has to be written on the ball in FIFA competitions. (P16)
- roll-on roll-off subs are incorporated into the laws under the name "return substitutions". (P18 &19)
- guidance on the use of electronic performance and tracking systems (sure to cause controversy in Sunday leagues throughout the nation!) (P70)

Changes which haven't been made:
- President: Joseph S. Blatter
- Secretary General: Jérôme Valcke

We have "return" subs in everything below 4th division here in the home of santa, so that's er... nice after all this time.
But no other juicy changes?? Burst my bubble.

Thanks for posting the link Brian. I see now why it's not worth printing. Perhaps we're getting to the stage where we are pretty happy with it all. Changes I would like to see:
1. Law 16 - The Goal Kick under Procedure
The ball must be stationary as per Law 13 free kicks
2. I would like 'moves' defined for placing a free kick 'in play'
3. From interpretation of LoTG for Law 12 I would like using a trick to circumvent BP rule removed
4. I would like 'removing the shirt or placing it over the head' to be removed from 'must be cautioned' - some stuff must be left to referee's discretion.

I am sure I will think of some more

Changes I would like to see:
1. Law 16 - The Goal Kick under Procedure
The ball must be stationary as per Law 13 free kicks
A bygone of days long past. Once upon a long time ago, everything in in Laws 14, 16, and 17 were defined as special 'free kicks', whereby everything in Law 13 applied to them, including the stationary bit. In the 1997 cleanup/rewrite, that bit was left off of Law 16 (for some reason), but is actually included in the interpretations ("must be placed").

2. I would like 'moves' defined for placing a free kick 'in play'
Er... moves is a standard definition. Kicked and moved? The foot touches the ball and the ball is no longer stationary. Rocking? That's movement. Rolling? That's movement.

Back