A&H

Third party

Zimmyman

Ok yesterday’s game attacking player shoot for goal ball is going into the goal slowly but no defenders near it !! Then a child runs on from behind the goal and kicks the ball off the line !!! I gave the goal and have been given opinions to which is right or wrong should it have been a dropped ball ?? I thought in law I was correct to give the goal can anyone put some more light on his for me please

The Referee Store
Ok yesterday’s game attacking player shoot for goal ball is going into the goal slowly but no defenders near it !! Then a child runs on from behind the goal and kicks the ball off the line !!! I gave the goal and have been given opinions to which is right or wrong should it have been a dropped ball ?? I thought in law I was correct to give the goal can anyone put some more light on his for me please
Law has changed recently. If it is definitely going into the goal and no defender can play the ball, the goal stands (Law 3 gives details) if the ball goes over the line into the goal. If not, a dropped ball restart.

Agree with @ChasTutorObserver (and Law 3!) if the situation is as you describe and it was 100% a goal until a child/dog/flying whale prevents it from going in then you're right to award the goal.
If YOU (not the players, YOU!) have some doubt then its a dropped ball.

We have given a really complex answer to quite a simple question.
If the ball does not cross the goal line between the posts and under the bar then you can't award a goal.
You are both talking about interference when a goal IS scored. That's not the case of the OP. Clear interference from an outside agent and the ball does not cross the line is a dropped ball to the goal keeper. Which is why it is important at grassroots to ensure that no spectators are positioned in and around the goal with no barriers etc.

Back