A&H

This is NOT a fan's forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyRef

Administrator
Staff member
We have received an increasing number of formal reports recently and most of these report to members getting fed up of people taking threads off topic, and increasingly relating to bickering between supporters of rival clubs. We are getting fed up of this, especially when we delete off topic posts and then get grief for doing it, and it has to stop. Remember we keep this forum going voluntarily, we all have actual jobs to pay the bills, and don't have time to sort out bickering between referees who, frankly, should know better.

This isn't a fan's forum, if you want to debate club related things use the PM function or go and use a fan's forum (there are, after all, lots of them around). Don't be surprised to find any such posts on here deleted, and persistent offenders will have warning points added which ultimately will lead to bans.

The Referee Store
Despite friendly warnings this has continuted to happen, and if anything has escalated recently. Action has now been taken, and further to this I have now created a new warning category of "fan nonsense". If you derail a topic by posting things that belong on a fans forum the moderators will issue this warning, and it will automatically trigger a two week ban.

And to add on this, this isn't just admins and moderators acting off their own backs, we have had lots of feedback from members saying they are fed up of topics being hijacked by supporters spouting fan nonsense. We will use this new warning category without hesitation, so don't let yourself fall into scope of it.

I feel the need to update this again so it gets back fresh in everyone's mind. This isn't a fan's forum, there are very few places for referees to go and sensibly discuss refereeing decisions, there are literally thousands of sites where you can go as a fan to moan about refereeing decisions.

Put simply, such posts are not welcome on here. Yesterday we issued a permanent ban to one person abusing this and will not apologise for doing the same again if necessary.

Going to bump this again, new season and people have seemingly forgotten ...

... if you suggest any kind of bias of a match official you will be banned. Not suspended, banned forever, you won't be coming back, I will press the button myself. There is absolutely nothing worse for a referee than being accused of being dishonest, we wouldn't accept it in our games so why should we accept it on here?

The message clearly isn't getting through, so I am updating this yet again. Another member has lost his posting status today by making posts that clearly belonged on a fan forum and not a referee forum.

It really is very simple, we talk about refereeing and refereeing decisions on here. If you take it down complaints from a fan perspective you will be removed. A warning category called "fan nonsense" was created previously, unlike normal warning categories if this one is applied it will automatically ban for a month. Doesn't matter if it is your first offence, it WILL be used and you will be off the site.

Bumping again. Another reminder that we will not accept fan based posts, we've had more complaints this week and it will result in you being banned. Do it more than once and that WILL become a permanent ban.

Please think before posting. If you support a team involved in the decision I'd suggest giving yourself 24 hours before replying to make sure it isn't knee jerk.

All users were told on Friday that fan posts would result in warnings and bans.

Tonight a user has not heeded the warning and fallen foul of it for just such a post.

We will take action - irrespective of how harsh it may seem.

Please take a moment and think before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back