A&H

This morning

Ben448844

RefChat Addict
Top of the table clash in an OA game this morning. 2-2 excellent game with no cards played in an excellent spirit.

One odd incident I've never experienced before. Back pass to the keeper from abour 20 yards away. It's a poor one and the ball bounced to the keeper who has a wild hack at it at it balloons straight up into the air. Keeper jumps up and catches it.

I give an indirect free kick for the 'back pass'. It's not even contested on the pitch by the defending team and the attacking team all appealed.

Is that the right call? I'm assuming that because no one else touched the ball that I've got it right but just wanted to check.

Cheers

The Referee Store
Yeah defender was running back towards goal and played it straight to the keeper. I thought it was the correct call but just wanted reassurance

Never had it in my life

And today had it for second time this season

Maybe it's all the dry weather and the bobbly pitches!

It was really odd, ball must have gone 40 yards in the air and under no challenge he just caught it and everyone just stops including the keeper.

Ate some Humble Pie?? :)

That day has yet to come

Giving the idfk for keeper picking from defender passing bk from drop ball is surreal, time stands still, you play it bk in your head, you give it, and all you can do is explain, he kicked it 30 yards to the gk and the gk picked it up, what else can i fo?

I had one today which id like some clarity on please if poss.

Ball played over the top, defender running back tries to control it but makes a hash of it and her goal keeper picks it up.
I didn’t give the free kick.

I had one today which id like some clarity on please if poss.

Ball played over the top, defender running back tries to control it but makes a hash of it and her goal keeper picks it up.
I didn’t give the free kick.

Sounds about right too. If the ball is not passed deliberately to the keeper, it cannot be penalised (unless, of course, it is handled outside the penalty area).

Sounds about right too. If the ball is not passed deliberately to the keeper, it cannot be penalised (unless, of course, it is handled outside the penalty area).
Thanks. That’s what I thought.
I know the laws don’t mention it being deliberate but it does say about it being kicked to the keeper so I didn’t consider it a kick to the keeper: more a kick that went to her, if that makes sense lol.
Only the manager called for it, no one else.

Thanks. That’s what I thought.
I know the laws don’t mention it being deliberate but it does say about it being kicked to the keeper so I didn’t consider it a kick to the keeper: more a kick that went to her, if that makes sense lol.
Only the manager called for it, no one else.
But the laws do mention deliberate:

"it has been deliberately kicked to the goalkeeper by a team-mate"

Top of the table clash in an OA game this morning. 2-2 excellent game with no cards played in an excellent spirit.

One odd incident I've never experienced before. Back pass to the keeper from abour 20 yards away. It's a poor one and the ball bounced to the keeper who has a wild hack at it at it balloons straight up into the air. Keeper jumps up and catches it.

I give an indirect free kick for the 'back pass'. It's not even contested on the pitch by the defending team and the attacking team all appealed.

Is that the right call? I'm assuming that because no one else touched the ball that I've got it right but just wanted to check.

Cheers

I remember this on an EPL match a few years ago and most of this forum said it was no foul, some spirit of the game garbage.

The fact that the keeper fluffed a kick is irrelevant. It's like the keeper dribbling it around before picking it up.

Was it kicked deliberately to the keeper? Did the keeper handle it? That's all, everything else is irrelevant.

Back