A&H

Throw in's, feet touching line or behind the line??

Ultimately it's down to the referee to delegate which of the duties stated in law 6 he delegates to his assistants, in theory The FA and CFAs should at most make suggestions.
I disagree. I think it's far better that referees in a league or county act consistently. Otherwise week 1's referee says in/outs and week 2's asks for offsides and he gets grief (or vice versa), then week 3's referee asks for in/outs and has to contend with over zealous CAR demanding he accept his offside signals.

As long as referees are consistent in their instructions to/expectations of CARs within each league it really isn't a problem.

The Referee Store
From my experience, leagues where teams are used to the referee doing everything with no help from CARs aside from ball in and out of play, players seem to adapt their game slightly and just get on with it. Less problems.

I agree with Brian, the problem is in leagues where there is mixed usage. Every week refs do it slightly differently so teams don't get to adapt and it causes issues.

I'm becoming more and more attached to the idea of CARs not touching offsides. I'm sure it varies by county league and club but I've had such a run of monumental bovine clusters of idiocy running the line recently

Last edited:
Reactions: SM
Back